XP riser height

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knnow there is a thread somewhere on this but couldn't find it...was curious on what is the highest riser i can put on my XP before having to install cable extensions,Thanks

jimxp

Reaction score
well you can get an extra 2inchs out of ur cables... but thats all, stock rise is 8 i believe.. i got an 8 inch rise but the bars give it another 2 inchs.. had to undo a set of clamps that hold the brake line. ive heard of some hill climb editions cant go higher without extensions.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you can get an extra 2inchs out of ur cables... but thats all, stock rise is 8 i believe.. i got an 8 inch rise but the bars give it another 2 inchs.. had to undo a set of clamps that hold the brake line. ive heard of some hill climb editions cant go higher without extensions.

so then i should have no issue's putting a 10" riser on.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so then i should have no issue's putting a 10" riser on.
I currently have an 11" riser on my sled with no cable extensions. As jim said you do have to adjust a couple of clamps to get some slack out of the brake cable but its not a big deal.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I currently have an 11" riser on my sled with no cable extensions. As jim said you do have to adjust a couple of clamps to get some slack out of the brake cable but its not a big deal.

X2.had an 11" on mine as well, no issues, just loosen the clamp on the brake cable.

Last edited:

No Bad Days

Reaction score
Just changed out my stock riser to a 10 inch on my 2011 800etec. All the cables and lines ran down the center of the riser. Ended up sacrificing the stock riser by using channel locks to bust out all the webs on one side to free up the cables. All the hardware runs on the outside now tied together with cable ties. Worked out OK.

Top Bottom