XM Vent Kit

wilwap

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just waiting for the new XM to come in. I was just wondering if a vent kit is going to be needed for these sleds?? I am coming off a 09 summit which I had to vent. I haven't been on an etec yet and don't really know if there is issues without venting. If so, are the aftermarket skidoo panels with the vents worth the money?

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the guys on the prototypes were running all stock last winter. No venting, including the clutch cover. Sounds like they didn't have any issues.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Introducing cooler air into any engine compartment typically is a good thing. I know of many Xp's with etec's that didn't add any venting and running temps have never been an issue.

The venting for the belt temp issue pretty much went away in 2010. I still add vents to sleds. Just a few. Having the cvt cover on the newer sleds deffinetly aids in keeping the belt temps lower. I prefer to vent the exhaust side on any sled. Good to have a place to vent the hot air.

wilwap

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I think I will just wait and see what other aftermarket vent kits are available instead of spending the money on the new panels.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I vented my 2012 and never had an issue with temps nor with bogging (like the older XP's had). Vents on both sides (upper and lower), a hood vent, a screen on the front behind the bumper, and all those little holes screened as well. JCCustom vents out of Idaho with the best venting products out there (I have used his vents since 08 and there is not an issue. You get what you pay for!!!!). They stand up to the tree riding.......and doo the cooling job! and Jon is a great guy to deal with.

IMG_0559.jpg IMG_0556.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just keep in mind the new belts are of a different compound that do like to be a little soft when operating. Too much cool air might not let the belt soften up.

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not going to vent mine at the start!!!those belts will warm up with no pannels on at all !!! i figure any way!!

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My only plan at the start is to pull all the foam I can to allow for a little more heat transfer through the panels. Later on I may vent the exhaust side and the bottom of the clutch side panel like Ferniesnow did.
I floated my secondary on my REV and no other vents and never had any issues but the XP's were different I guess. I never even pulled the aluminum heat shield under the headlights lol!

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have mixed emotions this year. Two new XM's are on the way and I know for sure that The Thing cans will be going on (gotta have a HotPot meal up on the rocks.....just gotta!!!!) but the venting I don't know about yet.

If I doo vent and I probably will, it will be JCCustom vents out of Idaho. They are one mother of a vent kit! Take the beating in the trees, look awesome, color coordinated, and Jon is a great guy to deal with. Water cut aluminum (it is not the skinny stuff either), steel rivets (supplied), proper templates, I think I will order some as I just talked myself into them...............hahahaha

I will vent one machine and maybe not the other...............

Top Bottom