x or sp

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so just wondering how much of a difference is there on the x model compared to the sp time to doo the upgrade.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure about the 13's but on the 11s and 12's which will be the same for 13, X is only available on snowcheck, but back to differences, X has black tunnel, sp has plain tunnel, X had better guages, better shocks and diferent colors/graphics, and riser/bars and controls.

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, from what I've been told by salesman, the only difference is the color(yellow vs orange), the bars, and the shocks.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
being lazy I know, but whats the price difference if thats the only difference? thx

been corected sounds like only $500... maybe to encourage spring orders,, makes sense to me

gauges, bars, painted tunnel, better shocks, no controls on bars,,,smaller windshield,,, different graphics,,,

Last edited:

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
am i missing something here, i just looked them up on the skidoo website and for a x over the sp for a 154 is only 500 bucks

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
am i missing something here, i just looked them up on the skidoo website and for a x over the sp for a 154 is only 500 bucks

WELL THEN ITS A GOOD DEAL FOR THE X LOL.... I thought it was more I never considered a sp,,,, X to the freeride in 2012 was $1600 exactly

so ya maybe 500 makes more sense to encourage orders!!!! good eye

wiffler79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k so next question is i ride mostly fernie in the trees my old sled is a 159 not flickable (lol) tank, so how much of a diiference would a 154 to 146 be, leaning to a 146.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k so next question is i ride mostly fernie in the trees my old sled is a 159 not flickable (lol) tank, so how much of a diiference would a 154 to 146 be, leaning to a 146.

I have owned both in the xp,, I am short 5'8" and light I kinda like the 146.....but its not a big differnace.....;. but probably easier to sell 154
and on those deeep days it may help..

but really its not a big diff I would like to try side by side as well

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always buy the x but I think this time going with the sp. Lets go NOVEMBER. LOL

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have a spring order 2012 SP. It has the fancy gauges and the warmer switches/bright light on the bar like the older models. They are not on the console. The hand and thumb warmers were premium also. IMHO, the SP spring order was the way to go.

I don't know what will be available for the 13's.

thiels2

Reaction score
The only real difference between x and sp or even older models such as everest are the x has rebuildable shocks as the others do not. I own an 09 x myself and i wouldnt say the suspension is any better or worse then any non x models. I would say the sp model is the way to go as the minor chasis and plastic differences arent a big deal when u could change whatever it is you want to your liking on the sp anyways.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If looking at the 2013's, the X has upgraded shocks, yellow plastic vs orange on the SP and the taper bars on the X vs the regular style bars with bar controls on the SP.

Its possible there might be a track difference on the X vs the SP but not confirmed which track as far as I know.

All gauges, seats, skis, boards, black tunnels are the same. The gauges also now have the temp display standard.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure about the 13's but on the 11s and 12's which will be the same for 13, X is only available on snowcheck, but back to differences, X has black tunnel, sp has plain tunnel, X had better guages, better shocks and diferent colors/graphics, and riser/bars and controls.
The SP also has a black tunnel but other then the shocks, bars, and guages there is no difference. If I were snowchecking a new sled I would buy the SP and put Fox shox on it and a few other upgrades instead of buying the X.

Top Bottom