Wisdom Teeth

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I had all 4 same day, awake, each one had to be cut then split into 1/4's and the dentist still had to knee on the chest 2 hand reef them out. I walked out of there thinking "that was fawk all" fast forward 3 hours later when the freezing came out I was a hurting unit. advil, T-3's had no effect....

May not be the most socially acceptable answer but what worked for me was pot.... because I was afraid to haul on a joint (upset the clotting)I was shot-gunned a couple and BAM no more pain. was the greatest thing EVER. Over the next 2 days I had regular doses and no issues....

Not that I'm advocating it but there is no question it worked.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wow... Feel for ya Dave.... I had all 4 removed when I was about 17... 5 or 6 years later had calcium build ups in all 4 missing wisdom teeth cavities... Had them pulled as well... Way more painful 2md time around :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
It was 2 days after May Long weekend my Grade 12 year when I had my 4 yanked out. They put me under, gave me drugs when I left said "take 2 when you get home, and 2 more before bed" I was out for pretty much 3 days......

I don't know if that's from the lack of sleep and large amount of booze still in my system or the drugs they gave me, but I was fortunate in that I never had an adverse effects.

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
So....had 3 wise teeth pulled with local anesthetic about 20 yrs ago.....#4 was up high and unlikely to come down. Fast forward....ol #4 has grown all goofy so that it's crashing into the root of my top rear molar. This is causing some kind of internal conflict whereby the body built a 1.5" cyst behind it. The cyst is protruding into my sinus cavity and giving me sinus infections....plus a sore jaw.

Today was the day....general anesthesia (a first for me)....woke up with a pretty sore yap....took out rear molar (for access I assume), wisdom tooth, and cyst. Stitched up sinus and worked his way back out. I feel stitches in my mouth, but I wasn't real coherent to remember the details when I came out of it. Yogurt and mush for a few days I guess, but T3s seem to be keeping things OK. (until the inevitable constipation and thermos-poop causes many tears) I think my lips and cheeks where they were stretching my yap to get hands and tools in there hurts as much as the giant hole in my jaw.

No beer for a few days I spose.....

holly chit dave,I don't feel sorry for many people after the the stuff ive been through but this tooth removal thing sounds bad.If ya cant drink beer can I send ya a hooker might take your mind off the pain

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holly chit dave,I don't feel sorry for many people after the the stuff ive been through but this tooth removal thing sounds bad.If ya cant drink beer can I send ya a hooker might take your mind off the pain
When the wife sees the hooker the pain will be back....LOL

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I don't know if I posted this before or not (I'm not going to back read 40 or so posts), but I was very fortunate in that my wisdom teeth were congenitally missing. Maybe that is why I am not so wise in my later years.....:noidea:

Wisdom teeth have not been a problem........:d

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I posted this before or not (I'm not going to back read 40 or so posts), but I was very fortunate in that my wisdom teeth were congenitally missing. Maybe that is why I am not so wise in my later years.....:noidea:

Wisdom teeth have not been a problem........:d
Genetically, you are ahead....wisdom teeth are slowly going away due to human diet not requiring them over the last million(s) of years (100 yrs for Creationists/7th Day Adventists)....hopefully your offspring don't have 'em either. The world will be a much more beautiful place to be when humans no longer have to deal with these.....probably what caused Hitler to go nuts....

Ya...still swollen up today, AND got a shiner....but on the plus side, my liver hitch-hiked home from Caroline and looks all normal now and wants back in....

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got all four removed at once. Went home from the surgery stoned and crashed on the couch. About an hour later there is a knock on the door, go answer it, paper boy collecting. He looks terrified. I go get some cash and pay him, he runs away. I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror. While I slept, blood oozed out of my mouth and was all over the side of my face and in my hair. Face was all swollen, black eyes, I looked like I just got beat with a tire iron. Never did see that paper boy again, his parents collected after that.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Genetically, you are ahead....wisdom teeth are slowly going away due to human diet not requiring them over the last million(s) of years (100 yrs for Creationists/7th Day Adventists)....hopefully your offspring don't have 'em either. The world will be a much more beautiful place to be when humans no longer have to deal with these.....probably what caused Hitler to go nuts....

Ya...still swollen up today, AND got a shiner....but on the plus side, my liver hitch-hiked home from Caroline and looks all normal now and wants back in....

Baaaaaaaaaaaa

Thirsty are u??

sent while I should be drinking tea's

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Baaaaaaaaaaaa

Thirsty are u??

sent while I should be drinking tea's
FYI: 5 beers with T3's = power nap.

Plus, all my stitches are melting and falling out....hopefully that is by design and not caused by beer. Hahaha

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So....had 3 wise teeth pulled with local anesthetic about 20 yrs ago.....#4 was up high and unlikely to come down. Fast forward....ol #4 has grown all goofy so that it's crashing into the root of my top rear molar. This is causing some kind of internal conflict whereby the body built a 1.5" cyst behind it. The cyst is protruding into my sinus cavity and giving me sinus infections....plus a sore jaw.

Today was the day....general anesthesia (a first for me)....woke up with a pretty sore yap....took out rear molar (for access I assume), wisdom tooth, and cyst. Stitched up sinus and worked his way back out. I feel stitches in my mouth, but I wasn't real coherent to remember the details when I came out of it. Yogurt and mush for a few days I guess, but T3s seem to be keeping things OK. (until the inevitable constipation and thermos-poop causes many tears) I think my lips and cheeks where they were stretching my yap to get hands and tools in there hurts as much as the giant hole in my jaw.

No beer for a few days I spose.....

If the t3's cause this kind of destruction, careful sitting on a bar stool afterwords. You might find yourself slowly sinking to the floor.

jjack

Banned
Reaction score

well its the thought that counts any way,

hevy_chevy67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time someone pisses me off I'm going to wish they need to get wisdom teeth removed....I got my bottom two yanked out and felt like I got hit by a train. Worst part is my chin and lower lip are still numb a week and a half later. Doc said my procedure was complicated and that it may take up to six months to regain feeling. Scary shat but at least one positive is I won't have to worry about feeling a cold draft coming up through my sled helmet this winter! lol

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Had all 4 wisdoms pulled at the same time when I was 18ish.... About 2 years later had the upper 2 removed again....calcium deposits formed where the wisdoms were and kept growing... Painful... I know what you're going through :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom