Winterfronts on Deisels for fuel economy

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at Gregg Distributors this afternoon and they carry the FIA's with a bug screen for $58. It's better than cardboard! Hopefully it will last longer than cardboard! LOL

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen the one today for the 03 to 09 dodge and wondered if was worth it I already have the all season stainless inserts in the grill do you think it will make that much of a difference.

I have one on my 2006 CTD and it helps immensely.. i had the stainless fronts as well but they didnt do as well as the leather one does. and its quick and easy to install. Never had an issue hauling the enclosed.. just gotta open a flap or two up depending on the weather.
:d

P1020272.jpg

P1020273.jpg

P1020262.jpg

Opened up ( current )

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one on my 2006 CTD and it helps immensely.. i had the stainless fronts as well but they didnt do as well as the leather one does. and its quick and easy to install. Never had an issue hauling the enclosed.. just gotta open a flap or two up depending on the weather.

P1020272.jpg

P1020273.jpg

P1020262.jpg

Opened up ( current )

Where did you pick the front up from?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you pick the front up from?

From Dodge, I believe I paid like $170 but retail is closer to $200. Won't regret it though.

When I had my truck getting warm I had all flaps closed at like -15C and had my steel deck and 2 sleds, was easily 11,000lbs and it was mostly on a few hills when the truck is working, the temp just kept bouncing up and fan had to kick on to cool it down all the time. Most of the time it won't be a issue, but something to keep an eye on when towing/hauling a decent amount.

barrone

Reaction score
I would not expect fuel economy to go up with a winter front on, You burning winter fuel, have colder diff fluids ,and tranny fluids, and are trying to push in denser air.
Thanks. I realize the winter economy will be worse than summer economy. I was driving a trip of 1200km on a cool day, and did half the trip without winter front, then put it on for the other half, and with all other things being equal(winter fuel, outside air temp, terrain etc) mileage was considerably better on my 2 duramax's with a winter front., like 3-4 mpg.

barrone

Reaction score

P1020272.jpg

P1020273.jpg

P1020262.jpg

Opened up ( current )
Hey, thats exactly what I need!!!!!! It is covering everything with adjustability. Perfect. Thanks

Top Bottom