Winter rated all seasons

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my second set of studded Hankook Ipike rw-11's for the f350. They have been great for wearability and traction. Super happy with them

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rubber to hard, like a slick on the ice, if you have lots of weight they are ok in snow. Very good wear, very hard compound. Excellent summer tire if you have to travel on allot of gravel, that is their strong point.

Yup, that was my experience as well. Great 3 season tire.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried a set of these, studded as well, on a 2014 f-150 and they were terrible. Just like skates. Ended up switching them out for a set of nokian hawks. Seem like a hard tire and would probably wear well. To be fair the studs that were installed were small/cheap looking and wore out quickly.

I have 1 sets of the toyo C/T one set on a 3500 dodge with a deck and slip tank (35 x12.5X17) I have 9000 km on some very slippery and icy roads, they have been wicked for traction and noise. I have been very impressed so now im putting a second set on Ford 350 (35x12.5X18).

I thought these were a new tire for this winter so how did you run them last winter ?

Phat Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so maxwell what do you run for heading out to valemount multiple times per year? i have
stock rims with firestone iceforce studded for the winter to keep us all safe including you

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so maxwell what do you run for heading out to valemount multiple times per year? i have
stock rims with firestone iceforce studded for the winter to keep us all safe including you

i dont know whatever crap came on my gmc stock..................

but they are worn out now @ 90,000km so i just ordered a set of the new BFG all terrain K02 TA with winter rating since KAL TIRE fawked me on my wildcountry order.

oh well

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

but they are worn out now @ 90,000km so i just ordered a set of the new BFG all terrain K02 TA with winter rating since KAL TIRE fawked me on my wildcountry order.

oh well

Hey ? what's wrong with supporting Chrisco?
Supporting a fellow sledder ? Lol
He needs to buy gas also and probably not kick out a Doo rider.
He he

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey ? what's wrong with supporting Chrisco?
Supporting a fellow sledder ? Lol
He needs to buy gas also and probably not kick out a Doo rider.
He he

Lol I would have loved too. But his shop is an hour from ours and with our fleet vehicle logistics it's just easier to take it to the dealer

B-Mac

Reaction score
I have 1 sets of the toyo C/T one set on a 3500 dodge with a deck and slip tank (35 x12.5X17) I have 9000 km on some very slippery and icy roads, they have been wicked for traction and noise. I have been very impressed so now im putting a second set on Ford 350 (35x12.5X18).

I thought these were a new tire for this winter so how did you run them last winter ?
Ya they are new this year. Ran them for about a month up until a week ago. They were on a crew truck which puts on about 3000kms per week.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
We didn't have snow and ice until a week ago. How do you know they're "garbage" in a month of no snow and ice? I only ask because I just ordered a set of these.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We didn't have snow and ice until a week ago. How do you know they're "garbage" in a month of no snow and ice? I only ask because I just ordered a set of these.
We have had snow for a week. Up north they have had it for longer.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

oh well
You wouldn't have liked the wild countrys anyway.

I cheaped out and bought the old BFG AT's. Curious to hear how you like the new style.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone try or have experience with the cooper discoverer?

I'm going to put a set of these on my 1/2 ton and run them year round. I have a set of Hankook iPike RW11 which would be fairly similar on my Dmax and have been more than happy with them. Don't need a 10 ply tire on the 1500.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to put a set of these on my 1/2 ton and run them year round. I have a set of Hankook iPike RW11 which would be fairly similar on my Dmax and have been more than happy with them. Don't need a 10 ply tire on the 1500.

Thanks...that's an LT tire. I'm just looking at P rated (20") for my use.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks...that's an LT tire. I'm just looking at P rated (20") for my use.

You're right. The P rated one is under the Sport Utility column. I need 20's as well. Only problem is 275/60R20 to fit a Ram aren't available for another month, according to my tire guy. I'm going to have to fight it until then I guess.

The only thing I don't like about the Hankook iPikes is they're directional and makes rotations an issue.

biggie25

Reaction score
After the first snow fall with all the ice.. I'm not that impressed with my studded toyo ct.. they were decent on snow but not that great on ice. And I even have weight in my truck box.. but take that with a grain of salt cause I run hakkapeliitta 8 on my car and suv.. and those tires are the best winter tires you can buy.. I think if you want a good tire for ice and snow your better off bitting the bullet and buying a set of dedicated winter tires . I know that's what I'm going to do.. going to sell my toyo ct.. going to switch to a nokian lt2 for winter and run a M/T tire In the summer...

Top Bottom