Window tint

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
T

Man shut up... You can see the brake lights just the same with the covers in them. The reason you get a ticket is because it covers the reflective material. Don't drive on the god damn curb at night and you won't hit it! Come rear end me.... We'll see who is at fault because I have brake light covers lol!!!! Give me a break!!! If I had a crappy car I would just drive around until I found someone with something illegal on thier car and t-bone them. Good logic.

I guesse it doent matter how stupid you are as long as your happy,Was that you behind the wheel of the mustang

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I guesse it doent matter how stupid you are as long as your happy,Was that you behind the wheel of the mustang

I'm stupid because I know it's illegal but tint my windows because I love how it looks.... I bet you have never done anything intentionally wrong before in your life. Sorry it offends you so people modifying stuff.. Here's a tip for you... Did you know it's illegal to modify ANYTHING on a vehicle?? There's a ticket for it.. And they can give it to you for anything.. Wheels.. Lights... Exhaust... Enjoy your Prius.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
So "T" need any tint done on the car?

My cars getting done already by the guys that did the wrap.. But you can do my truck all the way around .... Please! I have a silverado, and f-150 and another challenger that needs to get done. Back 3 on the silverado , 5 on the f-150 and the car. Lemme know!

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
you should learn how to read,didnt say anything about modifying stuff offending me,your the one going off crying like a baby.I SEE vehicals with the tail lites blacked out and yes you can see the lites but they are not as bright not even really red kind of purple coulor.Now maybe those wernt done right.As for mods being illegle not all of them,you can change rims tires to a certian point with no problem.Running huge mud tires in the winter not illegal in alberta anyway but I belive its illegal in bc and Ontario ether way its not a smart thing to do.

My windows are tinted but from outside you can see the driver,I don't know if there legal but have never been questioned about them and I can see to back up at night.And agin if you cant see to back up at night don't you think that's a safty concern

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
you should learn how to read,didnt say anything about modifying stuff offending me,your the one going off crying like a baby.I SEE vehicals with the tail lites blacked out and yes you can see the lites but they are not as bright not even really red kind of purple coulor.Now maybe those wernt done right.As for mods being illegle not all of them,you can change rims tires to a certian point with no problem.Running huge mud tires in the winter not illegal in alberta anyway but I belive its illegal in bc and Ontario ether way its not a smart thing to do.

My windows are tinted but from outside you can see the driver,I don't know if there legal but have never been questioned about them and I can see to back up at night.And agin if you cant see to back up at night don't you think that's a safty concern

ANY tint on your side windows is illegal... AND... its also very dangerous captin safety as it wont shatter properly in the case of a collision.

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
ANY tint on your side windows is illegal... AND... its also very dangerous captin safety as it wont shatter properly in the case of a collision.

wow never even though about it not shattering proper,i,ll have to check it out T.I carry my granddaughters in my truck all the time so safety is important.If it is a problem then yup it,s coming off.When I bought this truck it was a dealer show truck,running boards,fithwheel tunnul cover,mud flaps **** like that already on it got a good deal so I bought it.Now I have been informed so I,ll check it out.

So now that you already know it "vary dangerous"because they wont shatter proper are you going to put your kids in the car???????????????????????????

jjack

Banned
Reaction score
well did a check on tinted glass and some say its bad because it holds the glass together making it a projectile,and others say it,s good stops glass shards from flying.Any body every seen a tinted window get broke and what happens to it.?????????????

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
It flops over .. Shattered glass stuck to it like death sandpaper... And nobody in their right mind would put a kid in my car.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I'm traveling into town to take my wife for supper. There's a section of road the rc's like to set up speed traps on because the speed drops from 100 to 90.

I'm doing 88ish. My wife says "window". I roll down my window and drive another 1/4 mile to the ghost truck. Drive by him and all the cherries are pulling people in another 1/4 mile away. Buddy waves me in. I'm like wtf. He says the other officer observed my truck with front tinted windows. I told him that was purely speculation as my window was all the way down and he didn't see any part of my front window. Oh no, he looked through your truck and saw tint on the passenger side front window looking out. I'm like Holy Fack! LMFAO! At least this guy didn't try the bull**** safety glass story on me. Another 57 bucks.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It flops over .. Shattered glass stuck to it like death sandpaper... And nobody in their right mind would put a kid in my car.

I use a spring loaded center punch to break side windows. The windows with tint are exactly what T team said. Glass sticks to them. I actually thing its better having tint.

We used to try duck tape on side windows to keep the glass together before breaking. It a pain and does not stick on wet or snowy glass.

In any type of vehicle accident the glass all stays together. Way easier than small pieces all over.

I will take a picture of a side window broken with and without tint after a crash.

JMO

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a spring loaded center punch to break side windows. The windows with tint are exactly what T team said. Glass sticks to them. I actually thing its better having tint.

We used to try duck tape on side windows to keep the glass together before breaking. It a pain and does not stick on wet or snowy glass.

In any type of vehicle accident the glass all stays together. Way easier than small pieces all over.

I will take a picture of a side window broken with and without tint after a crash.

JMO

Thats interesting arf. I wondered if it would be better to have the glass all stay together in a crash... I guess it all depends on the circumstances.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

JMO

OHHHH.... interesting an actual person in the field with practical experience in emergency situations contradicts research that is so weird........

Top Bottom