Window tint

crazy newf

Reaction score
Just bought a new toy and wanted to dress it up a bit a peep on here said st albert tint was the spot to go he wasn't wrong
It was service with a smile and the quality of workmanship is outstanding
Tom and his wife took very gd care of me and the car treated it like it was their own

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice ride newf you took it to the best place in Alberta Tom and Yasna are stand up people high quality of work and awesome service that's hard to find any more ST ALBERT TINT has done many of cars for me from $100,000 muscle cars to the windows in my house can says enuff about ST ALBERT TINT and the owners :)

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't tell in the photo, but did you do the side windows too? If you did, don't be surprised when you get a ticket.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks crazy newf and Boost for the accolades. DAM nice Mustang you got Newf. Take good care of it. Next time I'll teach you how to do a burn out, first one was a bit weak.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 14 ford dually with paint protection and tint from ST ALBERT TINT did an awesome job

Attachments

• tint ford.jpg
    tint ford.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 501

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG-20110515-00254.jpg Can anyone shed some light on what the actual rule is for window tint? My wives 2011 Mustang is fully blacked out. She got stopped and the cop gave her a ticket that he said stays with the Licence # of the car. No requirement to remove it he said it was so she knew the dangers of the tint and that was that. Never been stopped again.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what I always thought. So makes me wonder why the cop told her this,didn't make her remove it and has never been stopped again?I have been driving it and followed by RCMP but never stopped again! And this thing is LIMO dark!
Windshield and front side windows not allowed any tint, other than factory tint .... That is the law ....... any other windows allowed any type tint

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cops can't make you remove it. That's why. I've got 5 tinted window tickets between us and our vehicles. 57 bucks each time.

Strathcona actually sets up traps for tint/seat belt/distracted driving. Usually by the church on baseline road. Ford F 150 sits in the middle of the road with pylons around it and they step out and pull you into the church parking lot. And they fill the parking lot.

The cop will start on his tinted window speech. I just tell them to save their breath and I don't want to hear it. Give me the ticket.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing allowed except factory tint ahead of the B pillar. When ticket revenues are low the mounties will target window tint. Some people have used the eye strain argument and got a doctors note to give to the judge. And some of those people have had their licences suspended pending further testing for acceptable vision for driving.
your choice.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And they can't make you remove it, but they CAN impound your vehicle until you do. You're just lucky they weren't in the mood to do so. Quicker and easier to write the ticket and stop the next guy. Less paperwork and hassle for the same fine.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the rules. They won't impound your vehicle either.

What they do is give you the ticket and move on.

Or. ...

They write you a ticket and tell you, you have to have it removed or if they see you again, the fine will be bigger blah blah blah.

It's a money grab. No one is looking out for my safety here.

I have asked them. ....

So aftermarket tint holds the window together instead of shattering and falling out in case of an accident but my car came from factory with no tint... so what you're saying is its okay for me to put tint film on any window behind the driver?

They look at me and always answer yes.

So it's okay for me to have my 2 year old daughter in the back seat of my car with said dangerous tint on the windows surrounding her?

Dear in the headlights. ... ummmm yes.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Camo.....I agree with you 100%....In the future if you get pulled over for tint again ask them this.

Rcmp represents all of Canada right? Then answer me this officer why is legal in provinces Manitoba east to the ocean? Is it because western provinces have bad glass or is it due to the fact we think we are in the wrong all the time? Now officer I understand your point about aftermarket tint keeping the tempered glass from shattering and staying together. But do you know of anyone killed by a large shard of glass? Or you just stating a point? If I'm getting T-Boned by a vehicle that is travelling at a dangerously high speed I dont think the window that is tinted is going to kill me. I'll be dead before the glass hits me.

Fun fact here is last year the USA past a bill making it legal for all Class 1 drivers to tint the front two windows. Due to the amount of truck drivers getting skin cancer on their left side of their body.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Camo.....I agree with you 100%....In the future if you get pulled over for tint again ask them this.

Rcmp represents all of Canada right? Then answer me this officer why is legal in provinces Manitoba east to the ocean? Is it because western provinces have bad glass or is it due to the fact we think we are in the wrong all the time? Now officer I understand your point about aftermarket tint keeping the tempered glass from shattering and staying together. But do you know of anyone killed by a large shard of glass? Or you just stating a point? If I'm getting T-Boned by a vehicle that is travelling at a dangerously high speed I dont think the window that is tinted is going to kill me. I'll be dead before the glass hits me.

Fun fact here is last year the USA past a bill making it legal for all Class 1 drivers to tint the front two windows. Due to the amount of truck drivers getting skin cancer on their left side of their body.

that is a very interesting piece of information Catpride!

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So aftermarket tint holds the window together instead of shattering and falling out in case of an accident but my car came from factory with no tint

All glass in a vehicle built in the last 70 years has had safety glass installed. It is designed to shatter into thousands of small pieces and not be sharp. If you are really using tint to hold the pieces together, and your excuse to having tint is safety you should consider not driving.

If you are tinting any window as a means of safety, it should be your windshield. That would restrict the small amount of dust becoming airborne when the Fire Dept cuts your windshield out to extricate you. But that like 1:1,000,000 chance.

Top Bottom