Will this save $$ on new sled?

jpow

Reaction score
Is this idea going to save me some bucks. my sister lives in idaho and i called the nearest dealer and she can buy me a sled 2012 rmk pro for around 10,000us($9688can) i would send her the doe and she would bring it across the line and put it in my truck,she could always say she keeps it at my place in bc and comes up to ride the mountains with me? then sell it to my on paper in the spring for cheap.would all this work or be worth it ??? and for that cheap who cares about warranty..

hurt'in albertan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even if you need warranty work done it should not be too bad!!! LOL!!! sounds like a good deal to me!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might as well just fill out the paperwork and bring it across legit. will only cost you GST. Then there won't be any issues when you go to sell it to someone in BC and they try to register it.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might as well just fill out the paperwork and bring it across legit. will only cost you GST. Then there won't be any issues when you go to sell it to someone in BC and they try to register it.

agreed. it isn't hard to import a sled, just follow the rules. You will also need a recall letter . Polaris will fax you one within a week for $150.

Chiebert

Reaction score
What is a recall letter (sorry if this is a dumb question)

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it has the sled's VIN# and Polaris' letterhead, and states that the sled has no active recalls on it at the moment.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is this idea going to save me some bucks. my sister lives in idaho and i called the nearest dealer and she can buy me a sled 2012 rmk pro for around 10,000us($9688can) i would send her the doe and she would bring it across the line and put it in my truck,she could always say she keeps it at my place in bc and comes up to ride the mountains with me? then sell it to my on paper in the spring for cheap.would all this work or be worth it ??? and for that cheap who cares about warranty..
this will for sure save ya some$$. usa dealers are not allowed to sell to you(canadian). i'd keep the sled registered and insured in idaho, and go visit sister when ya need repairs. have a letter from sister that ya can use sled in canada, less police hassle etc. when ya want to sell sled, get bill of sale from sister(at way lower price) pay less gst riv charge is the same, sell and make some $$. easy peasy.

Top Bottom