Will higher 103 oct fuel make my 740 run beter???

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i run 98 oct pump fuel and then add NOS octane booster and bring the fuel up to 103 octane will i notice any difference in power??

Thx!

Justin:d:d

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no.

depends on what your motor is built for contact union bay. most likely it should be running on either premium 91 octane or a race fuel mix.

but higher octane can decrease horsepower if the motor is not designed for it.

and octane boost is just no. dont use it.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no.

depends on what your motor is built for contact union bay. most likely it should be running on either premium 91 octane or a race fuel mix.

but higher octane can decrease horsepower if the motor is not designed for it.

and octane boost is just no. dont use it.

OK!! Thanks maxwell!
Premium is 91 octane??? cant you get 98 oct at the pumps??

Justin

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no you can not....at least not in alberta. highest ive ever seen at the pump was 92 or 95.

but seriously check with UBR because depending on the cut of your head it might require some special fuels. anddd you still wont "feel" a differance but its important to the health of your motor

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had Chevron 98 Octane at the pumps when we were in Revy. Only place I've seen it.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adding 104 Octane Boost will only increase the octane slightly. When they say it increases it so many points, those points are only 0.1 octane. Not worth the cost, IMHO.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of compression is that UBR running. what elevation domes do you run?

Uh last year a had 137 and 140! But iam putting brand new pistons and rings in so...:cool:
as to the domes i dont know! why do you what to know about the domes??

Thanks TG:beer::beer:

Last edited:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just incase anyone is interested im bringing in a new fuel additive which is 100% tetraethyl in other words liquid lead. Can raise the octane levels in fuel up to 16 points. :cool:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NOPE, that's what we used to make, but switched over in 2002. No one makes MTBE in Canada anymore.

Now ya got me reading...LOL. Gasoline FAQ - Part 1 of 4

Some interesting stuff in there.

Never been a believer in any "small can" additives. A bunch of us kinda went through this in the 90's and determined that most octane boosters were just toluene, Xylene and ATF. Xylene is a great octane boost....but you have to run like 20% to really make a difference. We all kinda gave up on trying to kill ourselves with carcinogenic "enes", and just went to LL100 Av gas or race gas. I personally won't run an engine that NEEDS race gas as it drive your weekend costs WAAAAYYYY up. I've run 14:1 engines for years on 91 Premium and 25 to 50 % Av gas (depending on elevation).

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a product called NOS by permatex that boasts 60 points that is 6 full octane #'s , Only reason I would add is. Do you really get 91 at the pumps or could you get lower? This product is the silver can and says for race applications 12oz can mixes 16 gallons for 12.99 canadian. Far less than race fuel but could just give the added insurance for that maybe not 91 if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom