wild boar in Sask

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whos shot one? Friend of mine wants some to mix with his deer instead of buying a pig.

http://wildboarcanada.ca

seems like a decent website but i cant see that everyone that has killed them or seen them posts there.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That site looks like it could really help a guy plan a hunt ... I have always want to shoot one ... wonder how they would taste

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ma has land around olds and I saw on that map there has been a few spotted and killed down there ... might have to get to know the farmers around there

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
they used to run rampant on the Jack Pine Grazing Reserve south west of Edmonton (Near Seba Beach), which is "Crown Land" so I don't believe you need permissions to hunt them out there.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ma has land around olds and I saw on that map there has been a few spotted and killed down there ... might have to get to know the farmers around there

Are those the ones from that farm by Barhead?

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they used to run rampant on the Jack Pine Grazing Reserve south west of Edmonton (Near Seba Beach), which is "Crown Land" so I don't believe you need permissions to hunt them out there.

Damn fat fingers hit the wrong post to reply to but were these the pigs fron that farm by Barhead

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn fat fingers hit the wrong post to reply to but were these the pigs fron that farm by Barhead

No and the area I speak of doesn't show on the map...... maybe they are gone from there? they were feral pigs.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would hate to be the guy who hit that ... it would be a solid hit and the go under and do damage I bet

farm boy 73

Reaction score
IMG_103408198570436.jpg IMG_103408198570436.jpg

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
There is a farm south east of Regina that has wild boars, you may say how can they have wild boar on a farm, well, they dont do much for them just feed them, and plus they go rampant around the country side most of the time haha we have always tried to find them when they let people know they're out but i've never been able to find them.

BIGHORN1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen quite a few roaming around north east of kindersley over towards the stranrer ski hill in last last few years

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a farm south east of Regina that has wild boars, you may say how can they have wild boar on a farm, well, they dont do much for them just feed them, and plus they go rampant around the country side most of the time haha we have always tried to find them when they let people know they're out but i've never been able to find them.

The majority of them got cut loose back 10 or 15 years ago when the price dropped out on them and farmers couldn't afford to feed them. I know of 2 different farms in particular where that happened. I'm pretty sure some of them survived and bred, but a lot were shot not long after.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boss tagged one this fall near north battleford. Tastes no different than regular pork!

I've had wild boar burgers before and it seemed quite different from regular pork to me. It was red meat and very lean.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go pig hunting with dogs in Texas all the time. Most fun you can have with your clothes on. Might even be better than sledding.....

I have wanted to bring some dogs up here the last couple of summers to see how they hunt up here. But trying to find the time. LOL.

And no guns down there. Get 'em by the back legs. Next guy there sticks them with a knife just above the ribcage.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just like on that show wild hoggers or what ever its called .....I use to have a catahiula lepord ... thats one of the main uses for them .. amazing dogs but you need three to hunt with them

Top Bottom