Why doo all of the

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forums for brands other than Doo have almost no activity on here?

LHF will love this. Lol

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
forums for brands other than Doo have almost no activity on here?

LHF will love this. Lol

Do you want the truth? Or do you want sarcasm and jokes?

I'll give you what I think is the truth - - the reason that there is very little Polaris & Cat threads on here is the bull***t that goes on. Most non doo owners have either moved on to other web sites or if they are still on here they just don't bother to post unless they are up for a grudge match with the doo crowd and their cronies. As soon as any decent Yamaha thread, Polaris thread or Cat thread is started where a guy is asking or talking about something legit - - it doesn't take long (usually 3-4 posts) before the thread gets derailed with anti "that-brand" crap. Not just one or two posts but a swarm - - usually, "insert name here" and all the rest of doo sheep that feel their opinion must be heard on what a piece of crap that non doo item is - - mine is bigger - - mine is better - -blah blah blah blah.

Now, this does also happen on the Doo threads but not to the extent that is does on other brand threads. There are many, many doo threads that for the most part stay on track - - but very few Cat or Polaris threads that don't get derailed.

So, in summary, its just because it is not worth for the Yamaha, Cat or Polaris guys to post because it usually ends up being a doo thread or at least derailed by doo owners who really have no reason to post in a Yamaha, Cat or Polaris thread to start with except to F**k it up.

I know this will cause negative feedback but (and it has been said before) it seems that a lot of Doo guys on here are have self esteem issues. They cannot allow a thread to go on where someone may say something good about another brand other than SkiDoo without thinking they need to chime in and say how their brand is superior and you must be an idiot for liking/driving anything but their brand.

Fun is fun and we all like to banter back and forth but there are VERY FEW non doo threads that stay on track - - after awhile its not fun anymore so most stop starting threads on this site.

Anyways, just my small opinion - - you asked

Last edited:

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty tough to deny the fact the bulk of the sleds I seen travelling up and down the highway to local areas or the mountains are BRP, only stands to reason the bulk of people on this and other forums are BRP owners. Or own jet boats!

As for the comment on being sheep. Riddle me this how and why is it SkiDoo is so popular with every level of sledder? Especially now when you hear or read comments about non sheep jumping on a XM sled and the reaction they have to the T-Motion etc. I like good gear and if that makes me a sheep then I am guilty and don't care.

As for the brand bashing I think the bulk of it is done mostly as good hearted humor and no one ever that I have seen on here has had any kind of negitive support to someone in serious need. Or has there been any sort of hate directed in any direction during times of crisis and regardless of make of sled we all look after each other on the mountain as brothers and sisters. Some people are to sensitive some days. Sunday morning stuck at work with not enough coffee in me, my two cents if it is worth that much.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you want the truth? Or do you want sarcasm and jokes?

I'll give you what I think is the truth - - the reason that there is very little Polaris & Cat threads on here is the bull***t that goes on. Most non doo owners have either moved on to other web sites or if they are still on here they just don't bother to post unless they are up for a grudge match with the doo crowd and their cronies. As soon as any decent Yamaha thread, Polaris thread or Cat thread is started where a guy is asking or talking about something legit - - it doesn't take long (usually 3-4 posts) before the thread gets derailed with anti "that-brand" crap. Not just one or two posts but a swarm - - usually, Maxwell, then Cuso and all the rest of doo sheep that feel their opinion must be heard on what a piece of crap that non doo item is - - mine is bigger - - mine is better - -blah blah blah blah.

Now, this does also happen on the Doo threads but not to the extent that is does on other brand threads. There are many, many doo threads that for the most part stay on track - - but very few Cat or Polaris threads that don't get derailed.

So, in summary, its just because it is not worth for the Yamaha, Cat or Polaris guys to post because it usually ends up being a doo thread or at least derailed by doo owners who really have no reason to post in a Yamaha, Cat or Polaris thread to start with except to F**k it up.

I know this will cause negative feedback but (and it has been said before) it seems that a lot of Doo guys on here are have self esteem issues. They cannot allow a thread to go on where someone may say something good about another brand other than SkiDoo without thinking they need to chime in and say how their brand is superior and you must be an idiot for liking/driving anything but their brand.

Fun is fun and we all like to banter back and forth but there are VERY FEW non doo threads that stay on track - - after awhile its not fun anymore so most stop starting threads on this site.

Anyways, just my small opinion - - you asked

I just creeped your past posts and well... Kettle meet pot! You are in every thread about the new T3 lippin about something haha. If you don't like Doo stay out of the conversation then and take your own advice! Personally I don't care, just callin a spade a spade is all. Cheers.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leave me out of this please. Find a thread in the last year that I have "ruined"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, Maxxy, that was not fair of me to pinpoint you. I removed your name

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty tough to deny the fact the bulk of the sleds I seen travelling up and down the highway to local areas or the mountains are BRP, only stands to reason the bulk of people on this and other forums are BRP owners. Or own jet boats!

As for the comment on being sheep. Riddle me this how and why is it SkiDoo is so popular with every level of sledder? Especially now when you hear or read comments about non sheep jumping on a XM sled and the reaction they have to the T-Motion etc. I like good gear and if that makes me a sheep then I am guilty and don't care.

As for the brand bashing I think the bulk of it is done mostly as good hearted humor and no one ever that I have seen on here has had any kind of negitive support to someone in serious need. Or has there been any sort of hate directed in any direction during times of crisis and regardless of make of sled we all look after each other on the mountain as brothers and sisters. Some people are to sensitive some days. Sunday morning stuck at work with not enough coffee in me, my two cents if it is worth that much.

Ha Ha - - didn't take long for a doo rider to need to prove that his stuff is better. Do you see my point - - even a little bit. It does get a tad annoying when every second or third post is about how good your sled brand is and that was the point of my answer to the question of where everyone else is. The other brands have some great features also - - those owners seem to "toot their horn" about it less.And there are a lot of Cat's Polaris and Yamaha's out there - - maybe not in the group you travel - - maybe you are just familiar with the doo brand and you notice them easier? And I am all for good humoured brand bashing - - as Joholio said, I am quite guilty of it but I am one of the few non doo owners left here - - I think the majority have just quit posting or left from frustration - - just an opinion - - and you did ask for an opinion of where they all went

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just creeped your past posts and well... Kettle meet pot! You are in every thread about the new T3 lippin about something haha. If you don't like Doo stay out of the conversation then and take your own advice! Personally I don't care, just callin a spade a spade is all. Cheers.

Yup, I kind of enjoy getting into bantering a bit but I'm still here. You asked where everyone else went and I gave you my opinion. I too, call a spade a spade. And, yes, I may be part of the problem cuz I have chimed in on a doo threads with my "one-sided" humour.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, I kind of enjoy getting into bantering a bit but I'm still here. You asked where everyone else went and I gave you my opinion. I too, call a spade a spade. And, yes, I may be part of the problem cuz I have chimed in on a doo threads with my "one-sided" humour.

To banter is one thing. To argue with yourself is fawkin hilarious.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go to snowest for my cat stuff, come to snowandmud for the local bc riding areas and updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes snow and mud has very good riding info forsure

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my take is that Doo has a lot of interest because of the T3 and the other manufactures will draw more interest with changes in year's to come. No one stays pat to long,

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope Doo greens better too.
freeride.jpg

But I have to promote BRP, not only because I ride one,but because of the tattoo I have on my inner thigh:
c0e82864f01b3f01145b6bc7f9aefb32.jpg

Still have my Polaris tattoo, keeps my options open for next sled:

tatto001.jpg

The guy totally wasn't listening when I told him what I wanted for my Arctic Cat tattoo:

tabby-cat-tattoo1.jpg

Lol. In all seriousness I see people that are blindly brand loyal, but do not count myself in that group. I have owned a sled from most manufacturers, and currently have two different brands in my trailer. When it comes time to replace one I will consider all of them and make the choice that suits me best. Same as I do for a truck, a side by side, whatever. I see brand bashing or cheerleading on this site, and on others, and count it as immaturity and lack of self confidence.

Last edited:

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess BRP is just more interesting and has more forward thinking innovation than the others and the fact that Canadians are leading the way is great! I have owned other brands that have not stood up to my abuse but my 13 xm has got me hooked again! If anyone wants to try some Doolaide, it is for sale to pay for my 15 T3163...

Top Bottom