who wouldnt want this on their sled?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a system on my commander and play it mostly when we are all stopped having a fire or bullshitting. Same could be said for the sled. Minus draining the battery. I wouldn't compare it to being a douchebag on a boat. Boating is a social environment and tunes are always welcomed in a social environment as long as its not explicit with youth around. I know I love rippen on my buddies mastercraft with the tunes pumping.

jpgmtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.payntonperformance.com
He can have it, you couldn't even pay me to ride that thing. But that's okay, because I will be spending most of my day at WOT with a burned-out stinger, playing a special selection of my album: "The Sweet Sounds of Two Stroke..."

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, nothing like taking the family out in the boat to do some fishing and all you here is a boat load of "I'm way cooler than you could ever be" douche bags pounding ganster rap all f'ing day.
Time and place for everything, those JL audios are loud as hell, you can hear my boat clear as day from a long distance but we try and limit it to when we are pulling someone on a board, try to stay to the side of the local lake away from the beach and for the most part it's all hillbilly crap on my boat so no swearing but equally offensive to some people;)

Thunder101

Reaction score
I like alot of different music but that doent mean that Im ok with hearing it any time !! If Im having a great day with some friends on the hill and in rolls some ........ with his tunes going and I dont like them ,, well some days you can be the bigger man and leave and some days you end up ,,,, getting into trouble.!! Just bc we live in a free country does not mean you do what ever you want ! Chances are if you need tunes to ride Im not going to like your tunes !!! enough said

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love music, but nothing pisses me off more in the summer than 3 or 4 boats all blasting tunes that anybody with respect for other people and doesn't blast their own music gets stuck hearing it. The last thing we need is for anyone in the mt's with this set up.

Often at lunch I pull out a small speaker for the ipod and put a few tunes on it but nobody else is subjected to it.

PINandPRAY

Reaction score
Great idea.. I would use this setup with some respect in mind, besides where we ride i dont see anybody all day except where we stop to eat. If it takes a guy driving by with music playing from his sled to agitate you and ruin your day, then maybe you should go home and drive your wife nutz. I could see this setup being annoying if its not used with respect but not everyone is looking for attention. Probably wont ever have something like this on my sled cuz i use earphones but love the idea. Thanks for sharing

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So guys tunes in a car is ok but not on a sled???? I'd do that, whats the cost of the setup? Any directions..etc

Its starting at about 1500 for the install. It's full custom for every sled. So far he's only done the M8, his 1100T, and an apex. But he is looking to show all brands the love. Must have electric start to run the audio system. If interested, contact Jason at sound obsessions here in lloydminster.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And to all the whiners bitching about the excess noise, I do not hear anyone complaining about strait pipe 4 strokes, or piped 2 smokes, or any combination of the two. Seems to me that you could care less about the existing noise pollution that already exists because with your half brained logic loud= power. I would love to go one day and not hear the annoying "braap" that seems to give all of you oil burning retards a perpetual hard on. What's next? People at the warm up shack are talking to loud? The birds drive me insane with their every breath? About 90% of us who might have this option would be considerate of others when stopped and listening to tunes. The rest of the time I would be no louder than the sled it is most likely on. And douchebags you say? Well I'll tell you this: they don't need a loud stereo to ruin your day. So don't start huffing Jesus to me about being so conceded that ones musical choice can ruin your day. You don't like it, keep it to yourself. Chances are I do t like you using any of the valuable oxygen on this earth to take the time and voice the opinion you feel I can't live with out.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And to all the whiners bitching about the excess noise, I do not hear anyone complaining about strait pipe 4 strokes, or piped 2 smokes, or any combination of the two. Seems to me that you could care less about the existing noise pollution that already exists because with your half brained logic loud= power. I would love to go one day and not hear the annoying "braap" that seems to give all of you oil burning retards a perpetual hard on. What's next? People at the warm up shack are talking to loud? The birds drive me insane with their every breath? About 90% of us who might have this option would be considerate of others when stopped and listening to tunes. The rest of the time I would be no louder than the sled it is most likely on. And douchebags you say? Well I'll tell you this: they don't need a loud stereo to ruin your day. So don't start huffing Jesus to me about being so conceded that ones musical choice can ruin your day. You don't like it, keep it to yourself. Chances are I do t like you using any of the valuable oxygen on this earth to take the time and voice the opinion you feel I can't live with out.
Hahaha awe how cute, 90% would be idiots, anyone who owns a wake boat is living proof, I am good most of the time about my tower speakers but I have my days where I'm sure people are mad, the sound of piped sleds is a much less irritating thing than some garbage music blasting overgrown 16yr old cruising around the mountains, I can appreciate the work and idea but nobody in my group will be sporting this crap, but all the power to those who do it's easy enough to avoid morons when you're sledding, I guess when u ride a 4smoke adding 35lbs worth of speakers isn't a big deal either

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get annoyed with people cranking their music in the staging areas in their trailers. Does it have to be so loud that the whole staging area has to listen to it? Especially on some crappy system that sounds like a tin can. The music I like may not be what others like so why should I force someone else to listen to it?
Sleds sounds / exhaust is completely different and shouldn't be compared to this. Something is wrong if your annoyed at the sound of any sled when your going sledding. Nobody is cracking their throttle long enough to even bother with. I've never heard a sled that annoyed me either.
I don't know how loud something like that would be in the mountains since I've never run into one. If its loud enough that your friends can hear it while riding then its too loud.

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It always amazes me just how quickly threads develop a negative connotation on this site. Any time you post anything it's starts off with a few relevant replies before quickly switching to the sour pants whinning hour. I re-posted this under a popular heading so that more members could see this novel idea. I do not recall titling the thread "hey, please tell me all the reasons you're uptight ass may not like this". Your personal gripe with social behaviour is not what us members sign on to read.

If you would like to know more about installing one on your sled, I would be glad to answer your questions.

If you would like to complain about noise levels, please by all means start a new thread dedicated to it.

General

Reaction score
I think it's unconventional in regards to mountain sled performance, with the added weight, but a very cool idea. The thought of a couple of speakers overpowering the deafening pipes on most sleds and ruining ones day is hilarious, with a dash of retarded. I could see something like this being popular with the trail riding people. It's really no different than having tunes in a side x side, or other ATV's. I might have to cook something like this up on the Z1, thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom