Who makes the best Goggles

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Who makes the best Googles

.I will comment that with the Smith's, if you are someone who is against supporting companies that want to support the closing of areas to motorized vehicles, Smith is one of them. The contribute to Conservation Alliance and Winter Wildland Alliance. Members - The Conservation AllianceThe Conservation Alliance These are both organizations that are active in Canada as well. That is another debate all together though.

Well sh*t.

Had to go check their site and sure as shootin' they list goggles for sledding AND have a picture of a guy sailing through the air with what's obviously mountain terrain in the back.

So if you're correct about them supporting those groups that's pretty dirty of them to play both sides of that fence.

I digress, this thread isn't about Us vs Them it's about googles and which ones we like.

(Once I wear these Smith's out I'll reconsider my choices)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Well sh*t.

Had to go check their site and sure as shootin' they list goggles for sledding AND have a picture of a guy sailing through the air with what's obviously mountain terrain in the back.

So if you're correct about them supporting those groups that's pretty dirty of them to play both sides of that fence.

I digress, this thread isn't about Us vs Them it's about googles and which ones we like.

(Once I wear these Smith's out I'll reconsider my choices)
The p.o.s smith goggles I got, I found in the quartz creek lot

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Haven't tried them myself, but my buddy swears by them

BEER_GOGGLES.jpg

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No more Smith goggles for me then, I should have checked this stuff before I bought.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I see Scott does not have a picture of a snowmobile on their website either.....why?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I see Scott does not have a picture of a snowmobile on their website either.....why?

Smith plays both sides of the fence. They create products for motorized activities but then support greenie organizations that want to prohibit these vehicles in the wilderness. They are not the only company to do this. As I said that is a discussion for another thread. If someone wants to debate which companies they no longer support maybe there should be a thread for it.

I was just pointing out that they are one of the goggle manufacturers listed that do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Who cares ... no one should be supporting any manufacturer who is out to screw us. Bite the hand that is banning us.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I care.

I own Patagonia products. They make some of the best fishing waders I have owned. They work towards keeping rivers clean and maintain a sustainable sport fishing market. They have worked a lot with the Bow River projects, but they are one of those greenie companies. So where do I draw the line?

I belong to the Rocky Mountain Dirt riders, I buy season passes for the mountains I ride in the winter but I am happy I do not see quads destroying areas where I hike into to fish. There is a lot of sensitive terrain that is destroyed because of reckless and careless people.

It's not all black and white.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jet boats do the most damage to fish stocks. Of Coarse sport fisherman kill the most fish.

Last edited:

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jet boats do the most damage to fish stocks. Of Coarse sport fisherman kill the most fish.

Flooding rivers and creeks do more damage by far and thats all natural

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of coarse that is not when the fish spawn. I think i am going back to 509 goggles.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trying out my new Klim goggles and Klim helmet this weekend. I hope it works better then the pos FXR sh!t I bought last year! I find a breath box helps the most or the no-fog balaclava with fogging of the your goggles.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the skidoo balaclava with the build in nose/mouth deflector and it works good but it's too hot on warmer days.

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flooding rivers and creeks do more damage by far and thats all natural

listen too this guy he know what he is talking about,i have a bit of experience working with fish & he is 100% right.
as for best googles,i have had smith 509 + a few other i cant remember all have been good as long as you take care of them,bought oakley prizm airbrakes this year $$$:eek: hope they are worth the money:cool:

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ride smith I/O or I/OX. I have had more then my share of goggle and for me there has only bee two brands that have worked really well in all conditions. Iris use to make goggles and they were amazing... I limped them through many years after I couldn't get them any more because every goggle I tried didn't compare till smith came out with the I/O. I really like the Ignitor Mirror and the Red Sensor Mirror for lenses, the also make a Photochromic Red Sensor that works great in all conditions. good luck

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ride smith I/O or I/OX. I have had more then my share of goggle and for me there has only bee two brands that have worked really well in all conditions. Iris use to make goggles and they were amazing... I limped them through many years after I couldn't get them any more because every goggle I tried didn't compare till smith came out with the I/O. I really like the Ignitor Mirror and the Red Sensor Mirror for lenses, the also make a Photochromic Red Sensor that works great in all conditions. good luck

iris is now i/s eyewear. they had to change name because the canadian optical company already had it.

Top Bottom