Who is running curved led lighting.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's your twist? If your running a 50-60 inch curve light over the cab roof, how is it at reflect into the cab...pros and cons?
not sure if the mounting option is best but where would you put it. Does the curve work?

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have one but talked with a guy that had a big one on his lifted Chevy, asked him how he liked it. I'm sure it's very bright and the coverage is crazy, but he said its brutal when it's snowing and the snow starts to pile up on the hood. The reflection off the snow on the hood creates a bright white sheet. Probably have the same issue with a white pick up.
Can't imagine that would be too good for highway travel through the hills in a snow storm!!

Last edited by a moderator:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 40" curved in my bumper. The light it throws into the ditches and fields is awesome. Covers all the trees all the way to the top too. It has spots in the centre and floods on the outside that help too. Just don't be a douche and use it on the highway and in the city. Still see people doing that. It amazes me how ignorant they are.

Cummins610

Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't do roof mount, too much hood reflection and possible wind howl off light/mounts.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't do roof mount, too much hood reflection and possible wind howl off light/mounts.

Plus you would like a complete doofuss.
See a few running around a wind noise would be terrible.
Nice light though if used correctly.
IMO

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, when it is snowing the LED's may as well be shut off. When it is snowing heavy they are a PITA. Most of the animals will be snuggled up under some trees in those conditions so I don't worry too much in a snow storm. My 20" Rigid is in my lower grill and works awesome any larger would definitely be somewhat of an overkill.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 20" dual as well as two D2 duallys pointing to the ditches. Love this set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a above windsheild 54 incher. It lit up the whole cab and dash very annoying. So made a visor that sticks out under it to stop that from happening and it's much better now. You can mount it further back on the roof and you won't have that problem but I didn't want it to stick up any higher than my visor for my sunroof so I opted for flush with the top of the windsheild. Don't really have any issue with wind noise actually and it's literally day time with it on. Down side is it becomes extreme night when you shut it off also!!

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted a 50 inch curved on my roof and it was the best $500 I have ever spent on truck. I had vision x spot lights on my bumper before and with the bar on I can't even tell when I turn the spots on or off. Same with high beams. Mounted the bar set back a couple inches from my windshield so glare is very minimal. It lights up about the front 6 inches of my dash which really isn't an issue. I might look like a "doofus" but it is worth it for sure. I would highly recommend it. Most impressive lighting I have ever seen.

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have kind of an older truck and the lights on it are something terrible. Although I still have stock oem bulbs in it.

I have been looking at a light bar but I don't want to be a douche on the highway with it on. Is there anything like that I can put on that I can use on the highway and not be a douche? I don't see all that great at night so I tend to base everything on avoiding it. Hard to do when driving so far for sledding though. Through in some rain and its like I can't see anything.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My "12 Ford F-250 I mounted it on my front bumper. 52""curved flood/spot combo,50 thousand lummens and dont even use my high beams as pointless. !

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My "12 Ford F-250 I mounted it on my front bumper. 52""curved flood/spot combo,50 thousand lummens and dont even use my high beams as pointless. !
Any way to post some pics? I was thinking that might work too but was wondering if the curve was comparable with the truck. Love this idea and will work so much better then on the roof. What type of light is it?? Ridgid is my fav.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1424625491501.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424625502253.jpg
My buddies just put this on his duramax looks awesome and impossible for anyone to steal it took some fab work but we'll worth it

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Defiantly not all headlights project the same light onto the road.
some are very dull and do not light up the road..
problem is for hiway driving;
- the brighter you make the road the small your puples, the duller and darker it is when you shut off your lights - there is a time frame (slower with age) for the pupel to adjust and become wide open to see better in the dark. That time frame when you can not see sh!t is when an on coming car is about to hit you!!!!
- all so with bright lights you cause the oncoming drives eyes to dialate smaller so he has less night vision the same as you now do. Now you both can not see sh!t until both your eyes adjust back to the dark. By that time it may be to late.

Just saying

i have have had lots of different lights and settled on pia hi / low in the factory 2007 GMC Sierra as they project just enough to see well on low and yet light up well on hi and the switch from hi to low does not leave me in the dark as I can still see the road in front on low beam

back country roads - different story - light it as you need but turn them off long defore the on coming vehicle gets to you so you can both see because you are probably on a 2 lane road almost touching mirrors.
- I just run Pia 520 spot bumper lights switched and tied into the hi beam relay but never use them on the hiway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom