Who follows break in periods?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pull cord --> drive like stolen or rental.

i broke in a brand new etec last season in 5 feet of bottomless snow and a brand new 3" track.

ya i varied the throttle position all day. LMFAO

BRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

was the only thing i heard all day

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I let my sled idle in my garage, let it get real hot then shut it Down. The final part of my break in happens down the trail after I warm it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride it like you normally would
After the first 3ish miles, put a bit of oil in the tank for the first ride. Ride it hard, get your rpms nice and high all day, it won't hurt it as long as you vary the throttle position, like don't go
And Hold It wide open For 5 miles straight....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All my life I do the two cold starts. That's it. (Ride it) and let it cool off completely two times. After that she's good to go. I just won't hold it to the bar more than 10 seconds for the first 100 miles. Lots of oil in the first tank.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X6 stole it,,,,,just always lol let them warm up first even if you stole it....lol.

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some sleds don't let you have full power until the meet the factory break in kilometres :(

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sleds aren't stock long enough for the break in period to end. That being said I don't bitch when I break it. JS
I ride the sh1t out of it till the cardboard from the packing crate falls off. Then I slow down a bit.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is adding oil to an efi sled like an Etec which uses such little oil to begin with a good idea? I would be concerned with fouling injectors.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sleds are always broke in how there gonna get rode. I just usually put a little oil in first tank warm it up good a couple times then its usually taker somewhat easy to cabin then rip on it like i stole it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is adding oil to an efi sled like an Etec which uses such little oil to begin with a good idea? I would be concerned with fouling injectors.

ya BAD idea.

the etecs computer takes care of all the oiling and fueling needs during break in which is why i say ride it hard. it will consume more oil and fuel for the first bit.

the etec does NOT like mixed fuel.

also the etec is direct injection not EFI. so sleds like the rmk and m series can run mixed fuel.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some sleds don't let you have full power until the meet the factory break in kilometres :(

that why we ride the chit out of them at WOT lol we want more

That would be a bunk sled.

again you are out of your leauge time has passed society has moved forward please stay under your bottle

Top Bottom