Whitecourt conditions

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you went from the Eagle River staging area the snow is a bit thin until you get over towards the Gundy cabin. I rode it yesterday. Snow is a lot better south of town and west. The Groat Creek staging area is a good place to start. The trail will be groomed tomorrow.

No i was north from there riding cut lines and powerlines, I will definitely check out west i know that area well.Wife liked how the poo handle lyle, its nice and stable and the power was perfect for her. IMG_00000136.jpg

Last edited:

mxcollector

Reaction score
rode Goodwin ,and Summit trail yesterday and the trails look like hwy smooth with 3 inch of fresh to keep the hyfax happy !
....we found about 4 feet of fluff at summit past the last Blazer map sign towards Tom's cabin ..... still many stumps in clear cut doe ...

the Goat ridge trail wasn't groom yet and bumpy ,also had a few trees down and hanging .

verry good pre Christmas conditions .....one of the best i've seen in many years !

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-31 right now. Nothing groomed on the North side of the Athabasca due to mechanical issues on the groomer. Don't forget your folding pruning saw. Lots of leaners across the trails with the early heavy snow and freezing rain.

Last edited:

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
-31 right now. Nothing groomed on the North side of the Athabasca due to mechanical issues on the groomer. Don't forget your folding pruning saw. Lots of leaners across the trails with the early heavy snow and freezing rain.

The trails south of town have been groomed except for about the south half of the Silver Summit trail. Like Mitch said, watch for downed trees and droopers. We are having trouble keeping up with all the snow and temp. changes. Groat Creek campsite is a good place to stage.

162 Wizzy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any chance the north section got groomed guys? Heading out this morning again. Great job on the south section Don!

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a snow report for Whitecourt? Short term forecast looks great! Did the north trail system get a groom in yet? If not, is Eagle River staging area plowed even if there is no corduroy happening north? Thinking of heading out this fri or sat to turn some gas into noise.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a snow report for Whitecourt? Short term forecast looks great! Did the north trail system get a groom in yet? If not, is Eagle River staging area plowed even if there is no corduroy happening north? Thinking of heading out this fri or sat to turn some gas into noise.

Most of the north trails were groomed in the last 2 days. Big snow!!

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excellent south trails today. Snowing hard right now. Trying the north tomorrow.

rizzman

Reaction score
Heading to Whitecourt on Jan 1st. I've never ridden there before but all this snow is calling for a day trip. By all accounts, it's a great place to ride.

Updates on the conditions and where to go are appreciated. I have no idea how much off trail stuff there is, but my RMK isn't much of a trail machine lol.

Last edited:

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to Whitecourt on Jan 1st. I've never ridden there before but all this snow is calling for a day trip. By all accounts, it's a great place to ride.

Updates on the conditions and where to go are appreciated. I have no idea how much off trail stuff there is, but my RMK isn't much of a trail machine lol.

You likely need your RMK if you venture off the groomed trail. Big snow now! Check out the Whitecourt Trailblazers website for trail info.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You likely need your RMK if you venture off the groomed trail. Big snow now! Check out the Whitecourt Trailblazers website for trail info.

We are headin that way after the new year. My boy is on an F5 with a 136 2" track on it. do u think there will be to much snow for that machine to go offtrail exploring. He is 10 but has been ridin his own sled since he was 4 so he rides better than ur average 10 yr old.

rizzman

Reaction score

Thanks, that's what I like to hear. I may have to plan for two days up there instead of a day trip. I normally wouldn't bring a shovel if I'm not riding mountains, but it sounds like I may need it. Maybe bring a probe and Pieps too. lol

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are riding on the trails Please stop and cut a drooper or two. Only takes a minute or two to cut them (most are less than 3" diameter).

Top Bottom