Whitecourt conditions

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures from Saturday Dec 12th.
A few of us staged at Eagle River and Ran the Triangle trail up to the warm up cabin. (Athabasca Loop)
There is one warning of hazard along that way. Leaving the cabin we went west, There is a long flat straight stretch where you can easily hit Moc Chicken. at the end of it the trail branches right back into the trees. Two of our guys over shot this. there is a post frozen into the ground. this could really wreck somebodies day. it is about 30' past where the trail turns into the trees.

We built a stick TeePee over it as our saws wouldn't have done much.
Need a chainsaw to remove it.

On our way back to the trucks the Only Doo with us, lost his secondary. Thinking the spring broke.
Learned to pull a doo secondary you need to remove the jackshaft with it.:confused:
Thanks for the invite RXN. It was nice to meet and ride with you guys. Glad to hear Curtis made it to the shop to drop off his sled before closing. Good ridin with you again KX250 also. Trails were pretty good considering the amount of snow we have.
Cheers
Derek

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite RXN. It was nice to meet and ride with you guys. Glad to hear Curtis made it to the shop to drop off his sled before closing. Good ridin with you again KX250 also. Trails were pretty good considering the amount of snow we have.
Cheers
Derek

Any time Derek. You know my Number.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I see there is a snowfall warning for the Whitecourt area, hopefully it dumps. Looking to get out there for the first time ever on Sunday. Where is the best place to stage from? 3 of us coming with mountain sleds. Just want to scratch the itch.
Thanks Scott

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm headed back up on saturday. Going to run the Whitecourt to Swan Hills Leg. See how close to Swan Hills we can get

joe-bert

Reaction score
Me and a couple guys are heading up Tomorrow too! We're just going to see how much trouble we can get into, none of us have been there before!

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back to Whitecourt from Edmonton. More snow here than Edmonton today for sure and still coming down.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I've been up in Fox Vegas country all day today and it's been blizzarding most of the day. Should be good sledding when this storm is over.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and a couple guys are heading up Tomorrow too! We're just going to see how much trouble we can get into, none of us have been there before!

Cool. Where are you staging?
I'm meeting up with a few others at the Gunn Esso station at 8am. Staging at Eagle River.
I know the north side pretty good.
I've never riden the south side.
We are planning on running towards Swan Hills
Feel free to join along if you wish.

joe-bert

Reaction score
Cool. Where are you staging?
I'm meeting up with a few others at the Gunn Esso station at 8am. Staging at Eagle River.
I know the north side pretty good.
I've never riden the south side.
We are planning on running towards Swan Hills
Feel free to join along if you wish.
Hey really appreciate it, the guys I'm riding wth changed their minds and we're heading to Barrhead this weekend. I'll likely be up to whitecourt in the next week or two as I have some time off. My brother in law is looking to get out too, so i'll be in touch!

Reactions: RXN

Dirty_Maximus

Reaction score
Hey, has any checked out the river lately? Just wondering if a guy could get access down by Millar Western instead of having to ride through town.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where you at numbers ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

contagius

Reaction score
Crossing the Macleod river should be ok. Can see some wet spots still but south of the bridge looks pretty safe. It's quite a bit shallower there too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom