Whitecourt conditions

mxcollector

Reaction score
Thinking of heading to Whitecourt tomorow .....how is the snow after the balmy weather we had this week ?
....are any of the trail have been groomed ???

....not sure if we should go to the south or north side .....

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
None of the north trails are groomed yet. Both trails from town to the Summit cabin were groomed. Groat creek trail has had creeks filled and been packed but is not groomed yet. Snow is quite variable as the Chinook touched down. Still pretty good close to Whitecourt.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Hey a small group of us coming up that way..the wife a buddy and a fellow S&Mer are going riding on Saturday.. Just putting it out there if anyone would like to join us we have never been so hoping there are a couple people that wanna ride

Colin

Reactions: RXN

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Undecided yet Colin. But I may be up there with a few as well. I've never ridden any trails south of the highway. But I am very familiar with the triangle and those trails that branch off it.

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
With the warm weather up there today, is it still worth making a 2 1/2 hour drive up on the weekend?
I was up there last Friday-December 4. There was enough snow to ride on, though more could be used. No grooming.
I did put on 50 km that day, and would recommend this area-fair early season conditions.

joe-bert

Reaction score
Any snow upcoming for the area? Would like to take my brother in law out, but don't want it to be too hard on the new m8000 if there's not enough snow to keep it cool.

B3ntTw1g

Reaction score
Eagle river staging area just out of Whitecourt. If you go to the Whitecourt trail blazers webpage they have all the trail maps with staging areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B3ntTw1g

Reaction score
I put on a 105 km on my 174 mountain machine and didn't even bother with scratchers and I didn't have any heating problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe-bert

Reaction score
Good to know, I might have to check it out. Wouldn't mind putting a few miles on the sleds this weekend.

Top Bottom