whitecourt conditions

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow! Looks nice.

We found waist deep pow around home today too- it was unbelievable for Central Alberta, especially this time of year.

sduhn

Reaction score
Had a great day of riding,snow was better than expected and yes Fossy those doo's are just so tempting sometimes.Thanks Ron and Terry for hangin out today.............Will do it again!
catmando!
Didnt take many pics and they are not the greatest but was kinda busy havin a blast!
Must have snow like a bugger there the last 3 days.....was doing the trail to Foxcreek on sat, the trail was hard but smooth and we couldn't find any decent pow to play in even if our lives depended on it..lol

Was a nice area to ride in but not much fun when the fields are set up like concrete..:(

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must have snow like a bugger there the last 3 days.....was doing the trail to Foxcreek on sat, the trail was hard but smooth and we couldn't find any decent pow to play in even if our lives depended on it..lol

Was a nice area to ride in but not much fun when the fields are set up like concrete..:(

saturday was also alot colder, crust would have been melted yesterday for riding.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it worth the trip up there tomorrow?

Should be snow settling and a bit heavier. Going out today again will post later.
You think the LOCAL club would be posting trail conditions and trying to draw you sledders out as part of ecenomic development and return community support. As you can see from the picts here it is awsome. Come on out.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are planning to be up there tomorrow, now that I see your sled Ron we have met before about 2 months ago. I was in the trail getting stuck while you blew by like it was hard pack. Your sled run mighty fine on the snow.:)

powderbasher

Reaction score
Hey Ron, here are them pics from today, not to many turned out, my lens fogged over :d cant wait for your pics

Attachments

• IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 99

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be snow settling and a bit heavier. Going out today again will post later.
You think the LOCAL club would be posting trail conditions and trying to draw you sledders out as part of ecenomic development and return community support. As you can see from the picts here it is awsome. Come on out.

Don't want to share Ron. Trail conditions are on the website....Maybe you can bring your suggestions to the next meeting you attend.....:d:d

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow conditions by Groat Creek Staging area are pretty good here are some picts from today not as good as Tues but for this time of the year awsome.
Only 1 stuck pict because no CATS with us today mayby tomorro tho.

Attachments

• Sledding Groat Creek 018.jpg
    Sledding Groat Creek 018.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 103
  • Sledding Groat Creek 001.jpg
    Sledding Groat Creek 001.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Sledding Groat Creek 006.jpg
    Sledding Groat Creek 006.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Sledding Groat Creek 016.jpg
    Sledding Groat Creek 016.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Sledding Groat Creek 017.jpg
    Sledding Groat Creek 017.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 106

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are planning to be up there tomorrow, now that I see your sled Ron we have met before about 2 months ago. I was in the trail getting stuck while you blew by like it was hard pack. Your sled run mighty fine on the snow.:)

Were you the guys looking for the comalong south of Whitecourt.

powderbasher

Reaction score
Some pics from today :d

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0479.jpg
    IMG_0479.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 202

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some more picts from today LOTS of snow out there guys. From what we seen of the groomed trails they are in very good shape these are sw of Whitecourt.

Attachments

• Sledding Besse 001.jpg
    Sledding Besse 001.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Sledding Besse 003.jpg
    Sledding Besse 003.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Sledding Besse 006.jpg
    Sledding Besse 006.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Sledding Besse 011.jpg
    Sledding Besse 011.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 194
  • Sledding Besse 013.jpg
    Sledding Besse 013.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Sledding Besse 002.jpg
    Sledding Besse 002.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 201

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you find the come a long? cuz we really really could of used it today. The conditions were great today we heard a couple of sleds today but didn't see them probably because we were to busy getting unstuck from a dead end trail. Lots of untouched trails though. Found a few side hills that had 4 feet of snow I know cuz I jumped off my sled to help my buddy and sank out of sight. Then as we were getting back to our staging area we were stuck on another side hill that crust was midpack making it very weird to deal with, someone else got royally stuck in that area as well. oh well made it back no harm no foul!:d

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you find the come a long? cuz we really really could of used it today. The conditions were great today we heard a couple of sleds today but didn't see them probably because we were to busy getting unstuck from a dead end trail. Lots of untouched trails though. Found a few side hills that had 4 feet of snow I know cuz I jumped off my sled to help my buddy and sank out of sight. Then as we were getting back to our staging area we were stuck on another side hill that crust was midpack making it very weird to deal with, someone else got royally stuck in that area as well. oh well made it back no harm no foul!:d

Never found it but maybe this spring on one of our quad rides which in years past is about this time now.

powderbasher

Reaction score

Pics Please, :d Still a few days left, gonna warm up big time soon

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would have loved to have pics but both of us had forgot our cameras(duh). I can see from some of your pics that you enjoyed some of the same fun we had. My sled a jag 440 has only a 3/4 inch track My buddy has a 800 rev with 2 inch paddles and we had fun except for thr 1 hour and a half delay in digging ourselves out from the dead end trail. We were toast by the end of the day. but it is a good hurt. Wiil be back again soon if the weather holds. Keep us posted as to the conditions if you please. and yes keep your eyes peeled for a comalong with a red handle. Thanks, Kelly.:cool:

powderbasher

Reaction score
Pics from today : googles always got ice build up, but besides that the snow is still awesomec :d

Attachments

• IMG_0483.jpg
    IMG_0483.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0484.jpg
    IMG_0484.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0486.jpg
    IMG_0486.jpg