Which gen-set is the quietest?

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cummins sells one now powered by onan i think 3200watts claim its quieter than the honda i heard it in action seemed ok my cousin works for them and brought it out for my uncle family discount was $1300

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Boliy 3600SI and it's an awesome unit. Bought it 3 yrs ago for $1100.00 new. I use it for everything, on the farm and camping. It runs everything in my 28ft Komfort 5th wheel at the same time with no problems. When switched on econo mode, a tank of fuel will last 8 hrs. Can't complain about that. I'd go with the Boliy if I was you.:beer:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best one u can buy would be the honda eu3000 is or ic quitest gen sets on the market and its a honda so u know it will last a real long time

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i bought my parents the eu3000 and they love it will even run there air conditioner on low on there 25ft 5th wheel and yeah is nice and quiet.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I borrowed Hefe04's yamaha 3000 "not the boste one" and it is quieter than the Boliy. Sitting side by side. even the Boliy salesman said it was quieter! BUTTTTT it is not lighter. The base model Boliy my 90lbs wife could load in my Mega cab easily! Price wise if U compare apples to apples the Boliy is only $5-600.00 cheaper than the Yammy.... Boliy with eletric start was $1800plus tax, the base, pull start, was $1500.00. Just need to sit the Yammy beside a Honda to test next!.....That Boliy is freaking light! Unreal.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think i paid $2200 for my Yamaha 3000. Runs two campers easily and i have only tripped the breaker once and that was with the microwave and air conditioner on at the same time for a test of the power. Coffee pot and microwave no problem. Boosts the kids quads as well with the 12 volt switch. I like the yamaha and wouldn't go another route. Either would be a good purchase though i think.

Parkelle

Reaction score
I have a honda 3000, my dad has a kipor, looks the same but yellow and cheaper. Both about the same sound. Kipor is a fair bit cheaper. Both had them for 3 years, no trouble with either.

motrhed

Reaction score
After much research we ended up with a Boliy. Works very well, quiet, and only weighs 77 Lbs with electric start. Engine inside is a Yamaha (all Yamaha parts). Difference is in the processor, rumour is it's made by Bosch. Pure sine wave so I can use my laptop with it! All this for half the cost of Honda. Should it need service, the service tech for Western Canada is in Sherwood Park. I believe you can get a kill and eco control fob for about $150 (not remote start).

Took it to Honda dealer one day and ran the two side by side. It was acceptabel between the two. Dealer balked at me. There is a new lighter weight Honda 3000 but she is mighty expensive.

One of our camping partners has to have the best of everything and after having a chance to use our Boliy he will be buying one too. We spent about an hour talking about it, sipping beers, standing right by the unit. Nice and quiet.

Just an opinion if your open to the Boliy. There are several local dealers representing them. Or you can go to the guy in Sherwood Park.

Check out the attached PDF, it compares the Boliy to others in it's class.

If you get one make sure it is manufactured after 2008.

I had read a review of a guy puting a 4000W load on it and it ran without any issue.

The engine is NOT Yamaha, it is a KNOCK-OFF built by some peasant in a third world nation. They may LOOK the same but they are not!
You get what you pay for... buy a technically proven Yami or a Honda... shop around and buy whichever one you can score the best deal!!

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The engine is NOT Yamaha, it is a KNOCK-OFF built by some peasant in a third world nation. They may LOOK the same but they are not!
You get what you pay for... buy a technically proven Yami or a Honda... shop around and buy whichever one you can score the best deal!!

Thank you.... if it doesnt say Yamaha on it, its not a Yamaha....just like the sidexside that every says are the same...there not, You get what u pay for...

and next yr Boli goes out of business then what....i guess then your supplier will find out its not a Yamaha...

I dont like it when these guys tell people that the products that they sell are not what they portray..... i guess it just means that they dont know what there selling..... so is all red ketchup heinz do they all taste the same....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I borrowed Hefe04's yamaha 3000 "not the boste one" and it is quieter than the Boliy. Sitting side by side. even the Boliy salesman said it was quieter! BUTTTTT it is not lighter. The base model Boliy my 90lbs wife could load in my Mega cab easily! Price wise if U compare apples to apples the Boliy is only $5-600.00 cheaper than the Yammy.... Boliy with eletric start was $1800plus tax, the base, pull start, was $1500.00. Just need to sit the Yammy beside a Honda to test next!.....That Boliy is freaking light! Unreal.

Boliy 3600SiE (electric start) $1550.00 plus tax out of Edmonton. Free shipping.

Most retailers should be the same. $1800.00 plus tax is robbery!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's the joy of this country...you can have an opinion and you can spend your money where you want to.

Information is free and I found out A LOT.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot of people now are buying "inverters" rather than "generators" because they are quieter! We bought an RV Pro Inverter 3000Watt from Schwabs RV in leduc and love it! It has electric start and its pretty light! I think it is 52decibals and the Honda was 54. Very close, we almost bought the Honda but they didnt have any in stock.

Jazzygurl

Reaction score
I have the Boliy 3600SI and it's an awesome unit. Bought it 3 yrs ago for $1100.00 new. I use it for everything, on the farm and camping. It runs everything in my 28ft Komfort 5th wheel at the same time with no problems. When switched on econo mode, a tank of fuel will last 8 hrs. Can't complain about that. I'd go with the Boliy if I was you.:beer:

Where'd you pick it up at?

Thanks!!! :)

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
inverters are quieter however murphys law dictates...that about 7pm the neighbour in the next stall will fire up the old smoking bosimatsu and shake the dust of your trailer with its unlimited noise level and ever surging throttle control....... oh ya there yellow.... just hope your stereo s louder....let the games begin........

Top Bottom