Which gen-set is the quietest?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which one is the best , quietest? For RV use.
Honda EU3000IC or
Yamaha EF3000ISEB

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have yammi like it, but never heard honda. HMMMMMMM
Buy both and let us know what is better....Go to riverside and get one of each and start them outside....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked both out before i bought the honda, the yammie has a bit lower decibel rating and "boost", but I got a smokin deal on the honda. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Puffer99

Reaction score
I have the Yamaha 3000ISE and my neighbor has the Honda 3000. We set them side by side and I really couldn't tell much of a difference. They are both great generators, don't think you could go wrong with either. The Yamaha comes with wheels and you have to buy a kit for the Honda. I'd say just buy the one you can get the best price on.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
http://www.acgeneratorservice.com/honda-generators/eu3000i.html Honda eu3000 Generators

honda-3000.jpg
Honda's super quiet generator line includes three hand-portable lightweight units eu1000i, eu2000i and eu3000. Additionally, there are two cart mounted portable generator models with output ratings of 4000 and 5000 watts. The Honda eu1000i generator (and 2000 & 3000) are considered ultra quiet when compared to their larger non-noise-attenuated counterparts. The hand-portable generator models (eu1000i, eu2000i, 3000) are rated at 58 decibels or less and the cart models are rated at a civilized 61 and 68 decibels. If you have need for a really quiet outdoor power generator then these are the models you should look into.

Overview Of The Yamaha 3000 Generator

For power, quiet, and reliability, the portable Yamaha 3000 generator (3000 Watts) is not a bad choice. This unit is compact, and weighs just over 150 pounds.
It has an ultra low decibel level for its power output, just 51-57 decibels. This is ideal for just about anywhere, even more sensitive dry camping situations.
With it's boost control technology, it can produce a surge power of 3500 watts, comparable to other, louder models. Put simply, when the Boost Control Unit (BCU) senses a power surge, whether from your air conditioning coming on, or powered tools, it automatically boosts power output for a short period of time, more than enough for your applications to start up. This reduces wear on both your equipment as well as the generator itself.

The Honda information taken directly from http://www.acgeneratorservice.com/honda-generators/eu3000i.html

The Yamaha information was taken directly from,

The site with all the info that has several units.

http://www.aboutgenerators.com

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After much research we ended up with a Boliy. Works very well, quiet, and only weighs 77 Lbs with electric start. Engine inside is a Yamaha (all Yamaha parts). Difference is in the processor, rumour is it's made by Bosch. Pure sine wave so I can use my laptop with it! All this for half the cost of Honda. Should it need service, the service tech for Western Canada is in Sherwood Park. I believe you can get a kill and eco control fob for about $150 (not remote start).

Took it to Honda dealer one day and ran the two side by side. It was acceptabel between the two. Dealer balked at me. There is a new lighter weight Honda 3000 but she is mighty expensive.

One of our camping partners has to have the best of everything and after having a chance to use our Boliy he will be buying one too. We spent about an hour talking about it, sipping beers, standing right by the unit. Nice and quiet.

Just an opinion if your open to the Boliy. There are several local dealers representing them. Or you can go to the guy in Sherwood Park.

Check out the attached PDF, it compares the Boliy to others in it's class.

If you get one make sure it is manufactured after 2008.

I had read a review of a guy puting a 4000W load on it and it ran without any issue.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After much research we ended up with a Boliy. Works very well, quiet, and only weighs 77 Lbs with electric start. Engine inside is a Yamaha (all Yamaha parts). Difference is in the processor, rumour is it's made by Bosch. Pure sine wave so I can use my laptop with it! All this for half the cost of Honda. Should it need service, the service tech for Western Canada is in Sherwood Park. I believe you can get a kill and eco control fob for about $150 (not remote start).

Took it to Honda dealer one day and ran the two side by side. It was acceptabel between the two. Dealer balked at me. There is a new lighter weight Honda 3000 but she is mighty expensive.

One of our camping partners has to have the best of everything and after having a chance to use our Boliy he will be buying one too. We spent about an hour talking about it, sipping beers, standing right by the unit. Nice and quiet.

Just an opinion if your open to the Boliy. There are several local dealers representing them. Or you can go to the guy in Sherwood Park.

Check out the attached PDF, it compares the Boliy to others in it's class.

If you get one make sure it is manufactured after 2008.

I had read a review of a guy puting a 4000W load on it and it ran without any issue.

Festival RV in RD sells them for $1675 is this a good price for these gens?

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come over and you can listen to my yamaha, at work you can give me shout

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant say about the 8 k but a buddy of mine as a Onan compariable to my Honda eu 3000 and its decible rating is lower and was cheaper to buy.
I don't know how quiet the portable Onan generators are, but the ones mounted in my friends' toy haulers are loud. I'm not sure if it is caused by resonance because they are sold mounted, it's like pulling out a nasty sliver when they shut them off......aahhhhhhh.

as for reliability, here is an Onan 5500 with 50 hrs on it....was in a Jayco toy hauler....broken valve spring. sure was a nice quiet weekend after that. the 3000 Honda powered 2 campers that weekend....:d
pics106Medium.jpg

pics108Medium.jpg

pics107Medium.jpg

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
come over and you can listen to my yamaha, at work you can give me shout

Why dont I just take it, with all the luck Uv had, Whats 1 more thing???lol

P.S sorry for turning the microwave on and making U piss your pants the other day!

Top Bottom