where's all the rumors about yamaha's new sxs

Megrizzly

Reaction score
I'm unsure how this is a let down, so here's some more information that should turn heads.

The 3-cylinder motor should undoubtedly produce class leading throttle response and exhaust note.
The 998 cc engine is the same long rod motor as the 1049 genesis found in the nytro, only this one has 51 less cc. Would be pretty easy to simply instal a 1049 big bore kit in place of the 998cc or let mcxpress have their way with it.
The transmission should deliver less driveline loss than a typical cvt.
The viking sxs has more than enough room to handle this big bore behemoth.

Until the production units are released and in the hands of the public, but there is lots of potential in this machine.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm unsure how this is a let down, so here's some more information that should turn heads....

In my nontechnical, layman way, I was thinking much the same. How can this not be a respectable contender from what little we've seen so far?

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was hoping for the big hp machine with factory turbo option etc etc. But realistic thinking points towards getting a unit out there running in the middle of the pack with minimal problems to make a first year release a success. And after its been proven increase the power.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
112 is no let down....let's see the suspension...? Is there a low range... ? If the axles / diffs strong enough....? Is the rad big enough....?how much travel and GC.....?
much more important than a few ponies...
lol

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
11707729_10206098575722141_1141019606534712338_n.jpg

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha... ok but you know... think of it... the mud guys down in texas and louisinana are not fond of the manual shifting ... in deep mud and water it would not be that good always shifting and losing rpm.... the cvt works tons better in the mud.... where the machine will be fun is running fast woods with minimal mud...

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is hilarious...a let down? Are you kidding me? The new Polaris XP turbo claims 141HP but yet in all reality it actually produces 101 RWHP as it loses 35% running through its CVT system. This system Yamaha has developed will lose what mayb 10% before it hits the wheels. How is it a "let down" it's going to smash anything else available in today's market mark my word.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty groovy machine, I really like yammy quality, even though it usually comes with extra weight, but I can't really get to excited about a manual transmission for where and how I use my Utv. I guess we'll see.

Top Bottom