Where to ride

hardy

Reaction score
hey i was just wondering the where i guy can go and ride around the crowsnest myself and two other buddies and one of there girlfriends are looking at comming out riding in that area but none of us are familiar with it. we will be staying in lethebridge and driving every morning to go. so if anyone knows where the closest mountain riding would be let me no. and this will be the girls first time in the mountains so nothing to extreme. thanks alot

throttle-up

Reaction score
Website
www.leekseeker.com
If your staying in Lethbridge expect a 2hr drive to the loading area - each day. I would suggest staying right in the pass if you can! I was just out on Friday and it wasn't that good. The snow they did get was rained out and was minimal at best. Wait for a good dump before coming out. If you are coming from Veg, your better off to go to Golden this week as the snow there is better right now.

In the Pass, trails for first timers I would suggest either Atlas or Corbin. The trails in are easy. Atlas has a cabin for use but the snow can be poor.

Check out Mountain Memories Guiding and Tours your snowmobiling adventure in the Rocky Mountains in Canada"> for directions to the riding areas.

Hope this helps!

hardy

Reaction score
well the oly reason we are staying in lethbridge is because that is where my parents are so it is free living witch is good. and we are not planning on comming up till after the new year. and what is that riding area just after frank slide is that any good or is there a better place to go i usually ride mcbride myself so i'm not familiar with anything around there.

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the snow is light in CNP you might want to drive an extra 30 or 40 minutes and try the pipeline at Corbin or try Elkford. Rule of thumb is if the snow is bad on the Alberta side it is much better when you cross that great divide into B.C. just my two cents worth!!

Britt

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the oly reason we are staying in lethbridge is because that is where my parents are so it is free living witch is good. and we are not planning on comming up till after the new year. and what is that riding area just after frank slide is that any good or is there a better place to go i usually ride mcbride myself so i'm not familiar with anything around there.

try Corbin and ride the pipeline which is the first staging area dont go into the townsite (there is good riding in there but a little more difficult)the road is on the left just before sparwood and if you follow the trail about 15kms or so there is a cabin, which will conect you with a trail that goes right into fernie, or you can go up even more to the notch and there is some great riding there. it is even easier to find if you drive 10minutes west of Fernie to the Morissey staging area and it is groomed and you will ride right to the cabin from the stagging area, but you have to drive another hour.
check the site mentioned above
mountain memmories and there is directions of there favourite spots in the NEST
let me know when your going I ride Fernie area quit a bit and a have chicky that likes to get out as well

Top Bottom