Where to put a muff pot on a 2015 summit xm

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Basically three options:
- buy a can and mount it there
- buy the removable hood vent and mount it on the pipe right after the Y pipe
- cut some of the heat shield off the stock muffler and weld the base bracket to the muffler itself

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a generic locking SS container from an outdoor store for under $20. Made a couple L shaped bracets from scrap aluminum and riveted them directly to the heat shield on the stock muffler, just above the foot pocket. A spring connects the two and holds the container in place. Hasn't failed in over 6000km.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 742
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 720
Last edited:

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or you can just rivet the base of your muffpot to the heatshield !!! drill some holes for the heat to come through.... why bother with L brackets and springs !

thats what my buddy did .. works great for solid foods

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That would be a little tough on wet foods or food with any sauces. I have been cooking meals for a lot of years with a lot of variations with the placement of the Muff-pot. The best that I have come up with is theThing.....

IMG_2031.jpg IMG_2035.jpg

There is also a video that some ol' fart keeps throwing up every now and then......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_Wz6GujKU

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would be a little tough on wet foods or food with any sauces. I have been cooking meals for a lot of years with a lot of variations with the placement of the Muff-pot. The best that I have come up with is theThing.....

View attachment 184993 View attachment 184994

There is also a video that some ol' fart keeps throwing up every now and then......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_Wz6GujKU
I love my thing cooker

Doug u are wearing out ur sponsorship for the thing lately lol

We need snow, and u need to ride more lol

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a generic locking SS container from an outdoor store for under $20. Made a couple L shaped bracets from scrap aluminum and riveted them directly to the heat shield on the stock muffler, just above the foot pocket. A spring connects the two and holds the container in place. Hasn't failed in over 6000km.

Does this get hot enough through the heat shield? Though you would have to cut the heat shield and insulation out.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does this get hot enough through the heat shield? Though you would have to cut the heat shield and insulation out.

Not as hot as some setups I've seen, but works quite well. Food doesn't get burned, but still browned and crispy.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found room on the pipe just before the can for a muffpot. It won't do raw chicken or anything, but will melt cheese pretty good, and warm up stuff hot to the touch.

I'll upload some pics shortly/

SledManiac

Reaction score
I have a MBRP can on my 15', I just mounted the pot right onto the side of the can and she works great.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love the ideas ! However...in Ontario you can not ride on the groomed trails without a stock exhaust. I might be able to get away with the cutout heat shield. Dunno. Doo should have this from the factory ! I will look into this from my end.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it's like clock work - someone always chimes in with The Thing, then it turns into a debate on their mitre cut elbows.
I figure with the amount of miles FS puts on using the thing that is proof they work and dont hurt anything on the engine. Who cares what it looks like.....it sis behinde the panel

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I figure with the amount of miles FS puts on using the thing that is proof they work and dont hurt anything on the engine. Who cares what it looks like.....it sis behinde the panel
Bingo, ferniesnow and I have been saying this from the start

I've got 5000 km on mine, never had a code ect

Top Bottom