Where to mount Licence Plate

Dadbro

Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to mount the licence plate on a KLX 250 dirt bike? The only open spot is the front number plate. If anyone has a better location please let me know.:)

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to mount the licence plate on a KLX 250 dirt bike? The only open spot is the front number plate. If anyone has a better location please let me know.:)

The Alberta TRAFIC SAFTY ACT, OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICAL REGULATION 319/2002, SECTION 18/3The owner of an off-highway vehical must attach the licence plate issued under subsection (1) securley to the front or rear of the off-highway vehical so that the licence plate is cleary visable.:rolleyes:;) There is more but you can look it up yourself.

Bruce.

spangtangler

Reaction score
Website
www.turbomyquad.com
The Alberta TRAFIC SAFTY ACT, OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICAL REGULATION 319/2002, SECTION 18/3The owner of an off-highway vehical must attach the licence plate issued under subsection (1) securley to the front or rear of the off-highway vehical so that the licence plate is cleary visable.:rolleyes:;) There is more but you can look it up yourself.

Bruce.
I was joking.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unless theres a factory plate bracket, we put the plates in toolbox of our sleds and Quads, or in back pack.not drilling holes in $12,000 machines.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been brought up more than a few times that the law is that it must be attached to your bike on the front or back and easily visible (to ride on crown land). Backpacks and chest protectors are not the place to put them. You may get away with a warning if you're lucky, but you're rolling the dice as the CO's are probably going to start assuming people should know better by now.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother mounted his on the back of his chest protector cause thats where the rc that pulled him over told him to put it cause it is visable there.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother mounted his on the back of his chest protector cause thats where the rc that pulled him over told him to put it cause it is visable there.

I think that was okay, but I think they changed the rules.
I'm sure it depends on who you run into and if they're having a crappy day.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this was like 4 weeks ago he was told this so i dont knoe? depends on the cop. i have never had any issuses as long as you not being an idiot they wont hassle you. its just like on the sleds how many people have it on the side of there tunnel cause thats a no no but we have never been told to move it.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine got a ticket for the plate being on his chest protector as it is not mounted on the bike that it belongs to if you and a friend switch bikes the plates would not match then

Top Bottom