Where to go?

mikey1

Reaction score
Looking to go riding in late Feb or early March with the girlfriend. Will need a guide and to rent her a sled. She is a newbie and I am relatively new to mountain riding. Where would be a good place to go? Revy,Sicamous,Invermere, Fernie?? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated/

tool_man

Reaction score
Me personally, Glacier House Revelstoke and ride Frisby/Boulder. My wife wants to go this year, and I think it's a great place to begin. But haven't rode the other areas listed.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to go riding in late Feb or early March with the girlfriend. Will need a guide and to rent her a sled. She is a newbie and I am relatively new to mountain riding. Where would be a good place to go? Revy,Sicamous,Invermere, Fernie?? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated/

go to revy ride boulder or frisby stay at glacier house they have sled renatal and guide or I am sure you can find someone to show you around

nice trail, nice cabin, easy to get around and if you stay and rent at glacier house no need to transport or load up sleds....

have fun,, the others mentioned are all good but one stop shop is listed above,,, take the mrs for a nite time trail ride,, its spooky up there with the sleds off and all black when the moon is not out haha

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount which gives you easy access to McBride and Blue River as well is closer to Fort McMurray than Revy, Sicamous, Invermere and Fernie by a couple of hours each way. You can rent a sled from Alpine in Valemount or Spindrift in McBride and Snofarmers in Valemount will set you up with a guide or you can just talk to Curtis at VARDA and he will send you plenty of information on the riding areas.

Stray cat

Reaction score
We stayed at Glacier House last year and rented 2 sleds. They were great. Didn't use a guide as the trails are well marked. I would recommend renting a cabin if you can as it gives you more options for food as you are out of town and the Glacier House restaurant/bar was not the best in my opinion.

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peaks Lodge by far is the best place to stay in Revy. VERY FRIENDLY owners (alex and Teri-lynn), the food is good, locked compound, rentals, gas and go from the lodge. You can access Frsby and boulder from this lodge as well. Oh and did I say how FRIENDLY the owners were?? Holy Smoke Inn in Blue River is also a spot to consider. The owners (Robbin and Patti) are also very friendly. You van also access many places right from there lodge as well. There is also rentals available here as well.

Al "ley Cat"

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Relatively new + a newbie , I would say Mc Bride , Renshaw is the place you should go .Nice 23 KM trail ride in and once you get to cabin you have a large slection of diff. skill level areas .

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McBride is a great place to start newbie's off. it's where My Wife and my Mother learned to ride in the hills. It's also where I started (age 13). fairly safe, low low risk, and hard to get lost. Belle Mountain is still one of my favorate little spots.

whickey

Reaction score
If you go to glacier house make sure you bring lots of money cause they want a lot for what they offer.

Top Bottom