Where do you get a pass?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as previously mentioned, something just doesn't add up, i'll leave it at that and see how this evolves.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanna hear something good?? We were choking on Pow all day in fernie today. Somewhat skinny till up top then wow!!! I woulda gladly paid to not ride whoops all way in and out!!! All in due time! Quit bitching and go sledding!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

teddybear26x

Reaction score
I told you I went to go and get a membership and have nothing to do with the club. But now you think I have a conspiracy to fold the clubs. that really makes people want to become members. also to the guy or girl that keeps telling me the prices at fernie alpine resort, which is irrelevant but, when I buy a seasons pass I'm not a member I would just have a seasons pass.
I don't get it. You will buy a pass from RCR ( greedy corporate douches) because they call it a Season's Pass. In my eyes there isn't much difference.
Season pass
- Your paying some company/oversized greedy club for the use of their facilities. This payment helps to maintain the area they are providing you access too.
- you have to sign on the dotted line before you are given permission to access the area
- you have to purchase a day ticket/"SEASON'S PASS" or you would be considered trespassing on private property, which fines would result from
- The area that you are paying to use does not belong to the company that you are paying. They are leasing the land from the landowners, and they are calling it there own.
I just think they fight for areas they want and could care less about the rest of the areas.

Maybe I should get off my high horse and join a club. The only thing is that then I would be one of those people trying to grab an area for my benefit.

Um aren't you doing that when you buy a pass to a ski resort??

And I think we should share areas with ski tours at the same time not only in the spring when the skiing is sloppy and no good. But if I do join a club I would probably pick one that offers a yearly trail pass with out being a member.
So your saying that RCR/Fernie Alpine resort should allow us to sled up there all season???

I probably could keep going. All I'm saying is how are these two thing really different? OH I know, because they call theirs a SEASON'S PASS they couldn't give 2 S*&TS about what you think, as long as you pay there ridiculously over priced Passes/Tickets.
At least with the MEMBERSHIP you have the ability, IF YOU CHOOSE, to voice your opinion.

So if it makes you feel better go buy your SEASON PASS from ghost rider for FSA and don't do anything more.

Thats my rant hope that made sense. Tend to babble when I get worked up.

BBBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP That, I'm done with this one.

Last edited:

Jvl

Reaction score
i don't want to be a member if i don't have to. how come you guys don't get it? and no i don't buy a pass at rcr for a billion reasons. eg polaris bowl is now theirs. how come your club didn't stop that?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
i don't want to be a member if i don't have to. how come you guys don't get it? and no i don't buy a pass at rcr for a billion reasons. eg polaris bowl is now theirs. how come your club didn't stop that?

I get it!

The daily pass is $10 and say the local rider averages 20 days a year. Would you buy an annual trail pass (if it were offered) for $150.00?

Maclintock

Reaction score
I think a great idea would be for all 4 clubs ( Elkford, Coreban, Crowsnest and Fernie) to get together and have Single pass for all 4 areas. ( I guess it may be hard to split AB/BC association $)
You could charge $100 bucks ( Sure that is only $25 per club).
Even though it isn't the $80 this would possibly get more people involved in this.

I know a ton of sledders from Fernie and the Pass that don't buy a pass period. Lots in the pass don't buy them in BC. and Vice Versa ( Even though my BC buddies seldom come to AB to sled except in the spring.)

This way at least people may think more about it as it is a deal of sorts.

Just an idea.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It is not that encouraging to see that there is another person on here with the IQ of The Freak and Ole One Eye!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't want to be a member if i don't have to. how come you guys don't get it?

You don't have to! How come YOU don't get it? Just buy a day pass every time you ride FSA managed trails....or go ride somewhere else!

I've never even ridden in Fernie and this attitude pizzes me off!:rant:

Last edited:

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
All of you complaining about buying a $80.00 trail pass and dont wanna buy one dont, dont ride fernie save the beautiful riding for the individuals that spent there entire summer out there building the new cabin, and the people that relize how hard the volunteers work and how much time is actually put into maintaning the trails and have no problem paying the pass price. People pay $5000-$30 000 for a sled $10 000-$60 000 dollars for a truck now you have to pay for a hotel and your gas, and your that friggin ignorant that you need to complain about a $80.00 trail pass!

Jvl

Reaction score
Look I don't want to be apart of your club, or the other club. So why do I have to pay for the club part of the cost. Sure I can pay a $10.00 trail fee every weekend or holiday I ride which is next to none because it's so busy and you guys are already raking it in from all the red plates. But I feel that if I ride your groomed trail I should pay my part. Now, I know it's hard to believe that someone out there doesn't want to be a part of your organization but that's all I'm saying. So you should be happy with that since all you guys do on here is stroke each other's egos by ganging up on people with different opinions than you. There was a guy on here trying to say that there should be a joint membership fee for the pass,fernie,and elkford. And asked for way more of a discount then I expect. To tell you the truth if the discount was one dollar and you couldn't put my name down as a part of your club that would be ok at this time. Although rumor on the street is you had $40,000.00 in the bank at the end of the year. I know there's a lot of haters out there so it's probably not true,but if it is that's a lot of money for a struggling non-profit organization.

Fan960

Reaction score

Wow, IT JUST GETS BETTER!! Do you have a clue what it costs to operating grooming equipment? Maybe before you pass judgment on a club or organization you should have all the facts.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look I don't want to be apart of your club, or the other club. So why do I have to pay for the club part of the cost. Sure I can pay a $10.00 trail fee every weekend or holiday I ride which is next to none because it's so busy and you guys are already raking it in from all the red plates. But I feel that if I ride your groomed trail I should pay my part. Now, I know it's hard to believe that someone out there doesn't want to be a part of your organization but that's all I'm saying. So you should be happy with that since all you guys do on here is stroke each other's egos by ganging up on people with different opinions than you. There was a guy on here trying to say that there should be a joint membership fee for the pass,fernie,and elkford. And asked for way more of a discount then I expect. To tell you the truth if the discount was one dollar and you couldn't put my name down as a part of your club that would be ok at this time. Although rumor on the street is you had $40,000.00 in the bank at the end of the year. I know there's a lot of haters out there so it's probably not true,but if it is that's a lot of money for a struggling non-profit organization.

Pretty hard to keep a groomer running and start saving for a replacement down the road without money in the bank. Just sayn'......

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I really find it hard to understand some one that lives in Fernie has a hard time supporting the local clubs???? I started riding around Kimberley over three years ago and bought a membership with the Cranbrook Snowmobile club but never rode their trails, just to support them and what they do I DONATED! Perhaps being a member of this site might be a conflict of interest because you are a MEMBER here.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, what an education. From an unemotional standpoint, what I read is that Jvl and t333s don't whant to buy a pass via membership because they do not want their names identified with the club, if at all. I am trying to imagine an individual so individualistic and selfish that they would not want to contirbute to the bettterment of an activity WE ALL enjoy. Nothing is perfect, but if it is not to your liking, offer solutions, not complaints.

On another point - outside of the the daily $10.00 rate - how about a "non-FSA member trail pass" at, say, $120-$160, recognizing that these individuals who would not buy the pass through membership have no interest in putting their opinion forward in a consturctive manner, no want to contribute to helping keep areas currently available to sledders - or possible in the future - in the area or those of us who travel "in", and/or any volunteering "to keep the dream alive". Just an idea here, whether it is liked or not, adopted or not. Communication is great, because the alternative is anarchy or worse.

Have a great season out there, and stay safe all!

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, what an education. From an unemotional standpoint, what I read is that Jvl and t333s don't whant to buy a pass via membership because they do not want their names identified with the club, if at all. I am trying to imagine an individual so individualistic and selfish that they would not want to contirbute to the bettterment of an activity WE ALL enjoy. Nothing is perfect, but if it is not to your liking, offer solutions, not complaints.

On another point - outside of the the daily $10.00 rate - how about a "non-FSA member trail pass" at, say, $120-$160, recognizing that these individuals who would not buy the pass through membership have no interest in putting their opinion forward in a consturctive manner, no want to contribute to helping keep areas currently available to sledders - or possible in the future - in the area or those of us who travel "in", and/or any volunteering "to keep the dream alive". Just an idea here, whether it is liked or not, adopted or not. Communication is great, because the alternative is anarchy or worse.

Have a great season out there, and stay safe all!

Sounds good solves the problem KVL has.

Jvl

Reaction score
Sure why not 120-160,not to be a part of fsa. sounds ok at this point. You guys have been great and I realized that anything I ask for on here is shot down from people that can't do a thing about my questions anyway. As for Doug, that talks like he can. Why do you call yourself fernie snow and not elkford snow? More hits from red plates I'm guessing, got to get you vast knowledge out there. Maybe in elkford people didn't want to hear your opinion anymore. Sure I know, you don't want to here mine, that's ok with me.

Top Bottom