What's your summer upgrade plans??

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I officially don't own am arctic cat anymore so time to focus on the new pro! My build plan consists of:

boondocker turbo kit, water to air intercooler, gtx2863, adjustable boost actuater
skinz airframe boards
slp powder pros
kmod skid
raptor shocks all around
3" track
36" front end kit
flat black side panels, white hood, with headlight deletes

I spring ordered a boondocker kit last week so now it's just a waiting game!

whats your plans??

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it will be a sweet sled when ur done. Just curious here, what made you switch to the pro?

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been riding cat for the last 5 seasons, I still bleed green, but I tried a new pro last year, really liked the feel of it. So at the end of my season this year I bought a new 14 pro 163. Managed to put 100kms on it lol. Time for boost now haha. I loved the proclimb, I had it set up awesome. But the pro, right out of the box was awesome. Took me a lot of time and money to get my cat set up the way it should have been from the factory.

I'm excited to get a full season on a boosted pro! My only complaints with it was the narrow boards. Hopefully the skinz will help out with that.

orange stealth

Reaction score
Trading or selling this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400158901.451817.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400158915.422781.jpg

And buying this

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400158943.573911.jpg

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been riding cat for the last 5 seasons, I still bleed green, but I tried a new pro last year, really liked the feel of it. So at the end of my season this year I bought a new 14 pro 163. Managed to put 100kms on it lol. Time for boost now haha. I loved the proclimb, I had it set up awesome. But the pro, right out of the box was awesome. Took me a lot of time and money to get my cat set up the way it should have been from the factory.

I'm excited to get a full season on a boosted pro! My only complaints with it was the narrow boards. Hopefully the skinz will help out with that.

Curious to know why boondocker over boost-it?? best running pros on the snow are boost-it kits, not knocking boondockers by any means, just rode with both before.
side note, wider boards go with TB racing or TSS, skins are close to factory size.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious to know why boondocker over boost-it?? best running pros on the snow are boost-it kits, not knocking boondockers by any means, just rode with both before.
side note, wider boards go with TB racing or TSS, skins are close to factory size.

Thanks for the tip! I wasn't aware of that!
I'm not knocking boost it either, I'm used to the boost it box now as I had one on my m8 turbo. The reason I went with boondocker is cuz my local dealer installs them, and after piecing together a Frankenstein kit last year with no support from anyone, that's what I was going for this time around. Plus, the mechanic here is one of my riding buddies and close friends. They had a few boondocker pros on the snow the last few years that ran absolutely flawless so I'm hoping mine is the same!

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I wasn't aware of that!
I'm not knocking boost it either, I'm used to the boost it box now as I had one on my m8 turbo. The reason I went with boondocker is cuz my local dealer installs them, and after piecing together a Frankenstein kit last year with no support from anyone, that's what I was going for this time around. Plus, the mechanic here is one of my riding buddies and close friends. They had a few boondocker pros on the snow the last few years that ran absolutely flawless so I'm hoping mine is the same!

Can't beat dealer/friend support. Sounds like a fun sled.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built a HM Turbo'ed pro last year. Baker Skid,3" paddles,elka shocks, and a shat load of other stuff. The only upgrade I'm going to do is get in the gym so I can hold on to it.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As stated above, skinz boards are very narrow, CR racing, VEI, and the TSS/Backus boards are all a better option. On the skid the kmod with raptors won't keep the front end down like the bakers skid with Elka setup. I'm pretty happy with my bakers skid over the kmod.

This summer for myself I will just be finishing up on some powder coating that never got completed this past season. Not really anything else I can think of to do except mayb a team tied secondary and a TKI belt drive but the stock belt drive has worked great so I don't really see any need to change it?

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As stated above, skinz boards are very narrow, CR racing, VEI, and the TSS/Backus boards are all a better option. On the skid the kmod with raptors won't keep the front end down like the bakers skid with Elka setup. I'm pretty happy with my bakers skid over the kmod.

This summer for myself I will just be finishing up on some powder coating that never got completed this past season. Not really anything else I can think of to do except mayb a team tied secondary and a TKI belt drive but the stock belt drive has worked great so I don't really see any need to change it?

you allowed to run a pro now that your a cat/yammy dealer... or do they make you sit at a different lunch table.. ha ha

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I write this I am having custom spindles machined. 36" stance while still using stock tie rods, shocks and a-arms. We are looking to have them on the market this Fall. Should have a limited number available at the Edmonton sled show. This mod should cost 1/2 or less than the current way guys a are narrowing the ski stance. It also will be able to be put back to stock very easily. If you have not ridden a Pro with a 36" stance, you would be shocked how easy it comes over.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I write this I am having custom spindles machined. 36" stance while still using stock tie rods, shocks and a-arms. We are looking to have them on the market this Fall. Should have a limited number available at the Edmonton sled show. This mod should cost 1/2 or less than the current way guys a are narrowing the ski stance. It also will be able to be put back to stock very easily. If you have not ridden a Pro with a 36" stance, you would be shocked how easy it comes over.

The only problem is you still retain the stock glued a-arms, and I've had 2 come unglued already, but I'd like to see how this turns out.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you allowed to run a pro now that your a cat/yammy dealer... or do they make you sit at a different lunch table.. ha ha

LOL Yes still running her, spent equal time on all 3 this winter. Next year will be pretty interesting...

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I officially don't own am arctic cat anymore so time to focus on the new pro! My build plan consists of:

boondocker turbo kit, water to air intercooler, gtx2863, adjustable boost actuater
skinz airframe boards
slp powder pros
kmod skid
raptor shocks all around
3" track
36" front end kit
flat black side panels, white hood, with headlight deletes

I spring ordered a boondocker kit last week so now it's just a waiting game!

whats your plans??

My plan is very similar,
boondocker tial kit, air to air, 2863gtx
Burandt boards (I like the stock Boards, but at 230lbs in my birthday suit stiffer is better)
Stock skid with Fox Float 's (same on the front) and Skinz Adjustable Remote coupling system
3" Track
36" alternative impact it front end
Team tied secondary

Just curious on why the headlight delete?

Last edited:

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Id be interested in seeing this as well. Not too worried about the a arms coming apart, I have mine rivited on anyways for extra support.

My plan is very similar,
boondocker tial kit, air to air, 2863gtx
Burandt boards (I like the stock Boards, but at 230lbs in my birthday suit stiffer is better)
Stock skid with Fox Float 's (same on the front) and Skinz Adjustable Remote coupling system
3" Track
36" alternative impact it front end
Team tied secondary

Just curious on why the headlight delete?

Im not too familiar with these pros yet. These burandt boards, do they come stock on the 14's? If so I have a set for sale lol.

Going with a headlight delete just purely for looks. Might do the same setup like NM does with the led light installed behind the vents. It's not set in stone yet, haven't seen headlight covers I actually like so...

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Burandt boards are identical to stock only cast thicker. Another thing I've added to my turbo'd pros is motor stop or torque arm to limit motor defection. This will really help with belt life on a turbo. Boost it makes a great motor stop!

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a few things I'd like to do but I haven't decided yet. I might do a fix kit or a drop in kit. Mostly for the preventative maintenance aspect. Well see.

Sent from my iPhone using

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There are lots of good running pros with other turbo kits on the snow last year with no problems at all.

Top Bottom