What's your pet peeve?

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People that won't move over when I'm trying to merge. Often I'll see a single line of traffic in the right lane preventing anyone from getting onto the road, please change lanes.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
People that won't move over when I'm trying to merge. Often I'll see a single line of traffic in the right lane preventing anyone from getting onto the road, please change lanes.

Sometimes it is impossible to move over due to people in the left lane being bumper to bumper and doing 120km. I hear what you are saying, I always move over if possible, speed up or slow down to let people in but I have to shake my head when merging traffic does not pay attention to what is happening on the highway, some people never even shoulder check. Just the other morning some a$$hole cut me off squeezing in behind a truck that just merged in front of me, I had to slam on my brakes and move over in my lane. He should have gone behind me as there was no more room in front, merge lane was already gone. That is who I am talking about. I was always taught and have taught my son that it is the responsibility of the merging traffic to find a spot to fit in and to adjust your merging speed so that you don't disrupt highway traffic flow.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friggin' Adobe! :mad: No.....I don't want to update Acrobat, and quit friggin' asking me! That goes for Java too. What the he!! is Java anyway? :rant:

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being taxed for having a nice place and taxed more for making nicer.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh boy...so many of them!!

-Small tires on jacked up trucks.

-the kids with the cars that THINK they belong in Fast and the Furious. Do you really think they buy thier car parts at Wal-Mart??? No!

-Mini van racers. How come they never get pulled over but are always passing me and I'm already doing a buck 20??!!

-When mini vans and suv's can't turn off their rear wiper. I just want to break off the wiper at the next red light.

-People who leave their signal light on after they are down switching lanes. It makes a clicking noise to let you know it's still on. Heck, it even lights up!!

-Kids today. I don't think any of them have respect for no one these days.

-Tailgaters!!! I will and have done it, stop in the middle of the road if you are on my butt. I will drive slower and if you wanting to pass, I'll drive with the guy beside me so you can't pass. E-town is fun for doing that!!

That's it for now....:)

I liked all of that...except the tailgating part. I get fairly close as its safer to pass in a shorter distance so I will only tailgate if your being a D*** or I am about to pass you...By d*** i mean just cause you passed a car doesn't mean you set the speed limit... if someone is behind you move the heck over. I drive a slow old school diesel and I need to build up the head of steam so I time it! Thats the only tailgating I do!

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It bothers everybody, but most people are only on the road for a short period of time at night, and are a litlle more tolerant. Most truckers make the majority of their miles at night, and are sick and tired of all the yahoos on the road with their fog lights. It gets real old, real quick.

Just saying... I drive and old dodge with the small crappy fog lights... Ive been high beamed with them before (honestly don't know why they were even on as they dont make a diff so I didn't mind turning them off) but would that really bother a trucker??? Not being an azz... old school truck drivers on the road are great... real professionals, use side lights to tell you it's okay to pass stop and help stranded drivers ect... I understand the new trucks especially dodges and chev's those light on the bottom are as bright as high beams... take that throw in a leveling kit and any kind of load and I can understand where truckers are coming from! On that note, anyone who drives at night between GP and Edmonton know not all trucker are cut from that mold!!! Sticking those big square "driving lights in your bumper and using them as fog lights" what gives??? Even worse high beams and 4 6 inch light force lights!!! I wish I had the money i'd mount 6 of them point them up and hit you just so you know how it feels! Sorry I know that makes me an Azz... so I guess that's my pet peave... but serious my old dodge? Problem or not? Think of the model between 94 and 02

To all you good truck drivers... thanks many a time at night in mountain passes you've helped me out and made your professiong look good! To all you other guys... learn from the old guys... don't even get me started on super b board hauler that run hwy 97 from PG, Quesnel or Williams Lake to Vancouver loaded and return empty... some of the worst drivers I have ever seen... no regard for life, either theirs or others!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
too much socializing in the gym! grrrrrrrrrr

Baa ha haa!! TOTALLY!!!! .. I don't have lots of time, so if I do go it's head down azz up kind of work out.. I don't want to talk and chit chat. I have even forgotten my ipod so I found a set of ear buds in the truck and pretended to listen to music! lol.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People using chairs as tables. Chairs are for sitting - don't store your crap on them.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i mean just cause you passed a car doesn't mean you set the speed limit... if someone is behind you move the heck over.

If I'm doing the speed limit there's not a chance in hell I'm moving over for you! Tailgaters...another pet peeve of mine! :realmad:

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If I'm doing the speed limit there's not a chance in hell I'm moving over for you! Tailgaters...another pet peeve of mine! :realmad:

I'm another one of those! I have done that all my driving years; too much crap on the shoulder and then no where to go but the ditch. They can wait in line and it isn't often that I'm below the speed limit friggin' "in a hurry impatient drivers"

Top Bottom