Whats wrong with truckers?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be clear, I dont like cars on my ass at 120 in the Rodgers pass either. I'd be perfectly content going 90 km/h
but then Id get run over by some ****o hualing pickles to the coast....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep , but the moron that can go 41 km will pull out at the bottom of the passing lane

happens every time. Then they wonder why us civilians get frustrated with truckers.
Down hills they are just flying though.

3 years ago 30km out of Revy a truck was coming around a corner hot, had the wheels cranked but it just kept going straight.

My friend just about got took out. Found the guys head in the back of the cab, torn from the body and his legs folded up under the dash.

Shook him (my friend obviously, cause the other guy was dead) up pretty bad.

That's why I got a place in Revelstoke, so I don't have to deal with that **** as often.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
happens every time. Then they wonder why us civilians get frustrated with truckers.
Down hills they are just flying though.

So how do you feel about speed limited trucks now? Everyone screams about that they should be speed limited, but they do not like the side effects.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I feel that everybody should have to take a driving test in a loaded semi. Even the 16year old Graduated Licence first timers. So much has be said in this thread and some of it comes from people that have never sat in a truck, felt what its like to drive 80000lbs down a highway or in my case 140000lbs. Things are really different in a Truck going down the highway and I pretty sure I can speak for most who have spent a hr or two behind the wheel of a big truck that there are far more heroes in a small vehicle that cause far more problems for us STUPID truck drivers. Be carful who you point the finger at because not all of us get up in the morning with a towel on our head and a lot of us actually take pride in the fact that the licence we hold in our wallet allows us to drive just about anything we want to.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the trucks are not properly equipped for the job if they can't maintain the speed limit.......

Simple solution, Either drop the weight or up the horsepower.

Start turning trucks around at Louise if they don't have the right power to.weight ratio.

Maybe automatic transmissions too.
Seens like alot of guys on HWY miss shifts.

So how do you feel about speed limited trucks now? Everyone screams about that they should be speed limited, but they do not like the side effects.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't think I've every complained about speed limited trucks:confused:

Like I said earlier, maybe 90 is to slow.
Could look at 100 or maybe 110. At 120
They are out of control iMO. Cars can stop
And make manuvers alot quicker than a b train....

Cars shouldn't be speeding either though.

Last edited:

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it's more of a revi golden problem. Best to just avoid those areas all together. Probably some hoodlem with two sleds on the back of a Chevy s10 running trucks off the roads and blaming the semi driver's

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No semi should go faster than 90km ever

I don't think I've every complained about speed limited trucks:confused:

Like I said earlier, maybe 90 is to slow.
Could look at 100 or maybe 110. At 120
They are out of control iMO. Cars can stop
And make manuvers alot quicker than a b train....

Cars shouldn't be speeding either though.

Dont forget about your previous posts. If you say that a truck cannot go over a certain speed, thats a speed limiter.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont forget about your previous posts. If you say that a truck cannot go over a certain speed, thats a speed limiter.
I think what he is trying to say is.......

If you can't keep it within +/- 10km/hr of the posted speed limit then stay off the fawking roads. You suck at your job and probably life in general.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what he is trying to say is.......

If you can't keep it within +/- 10km/hr of the posted speed limit then stay off the fawking roads. You suck at your job and probably life in general.

Lol put sometime in a seat of a truck and see how unrealistic your point of views are.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No you aren't understanding. Going 40km up hill isnt a problem it is the jack ass trying to pass at 41 that is.

Ok than, explain why this is such a big problem with you than. I dont have a problem with it at all, nor do I have a problem with the link that the OP posted. Whats the point to this whole thread?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok than, explain why this is such a big problem with you than. I dont have a problem with it at all, nor do I have a problem with the link that the OP posted. Whats the point to this whole thread?

Its not. This is a forum, I'm here for entertainment.
It's getting to be a big waste of time for me though.
More important things I should be doing.

Cheers and keep on trucking

Top Bottom