what's up with Arctic Cat... outlook doesn't look great?

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The irony with cat is laughable... For BRP to become the #1 producer of recreational products in the entire universe as we all know today, They HAD to break away from mother Bombardier in order to gain independent thinking and free will to pursue what products they wanted to produce in a competitive marketplace. Their engineers and management teams were being stifled at every turn to what they could do or not do under Bombardier. They never had the flexibility in a changing market. It was the best decision they ever made. Once they gained their independence It was sink or swim. Their motivation and passion in the industry is what made them what they are today.

Moving on to Arctic cat... They HAD independence and freedom but through poor management and a product line that nobody wanted they slowly bled out over time. Simply put they failed in a free market. Now they had their overlord Textron pulling the Arctic cat strings like a puppet in some bumbling (sic) display. For many cat employees that stayed on it is now the beginning of the end for their independence. Their engineers won't be able to make a rivit change on a sled without checking in with the 15 managers above them making them non competive. The Textron wallet will give them a budget that will be woefully too small as each rec divisions fights over the crumbs. Textron will (pay attention now snowchuk) SUBSIDIZE the Arctic cat division just as an other toy in their sandbox.

Did Cat or Textron fire your daddy or put you and your family out on the street , or steal your wife away ?? You sure seem to be enjoying their struggles. Kinda weird !!!!

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Buying a Cat UTV or ATV from the bass pro shop is like buying a husky chainsaw from Crappy tire. Whats next? Cat being sold at Costco?? Lol
Lol all you want but there are 177 huge Bass Pro/Cabelas stores in North America. 90% of a million customers daily are potential atv buyers. They are open everyday from 9am-9pm. Other Atv dealers are open 9-5 and closed on Monday and sometimes Sundays. The extra hours are like an additional three days of selling. Not to mention most of us work 9-5 so it’s a pita to hit the dealership on weekdays. All the manufacturers combined don’t have the foot traffic coming through their showrooms like Cabelas/Basspro. The Tracker brand is a good product at an excellent price. Other manufacturers cannot offer this.
It’s kinda like when people laughed at Jesse James for selling West Coast Choppers apparel in Walmart. No one laughed when he made 60 million in one month from Walmart. Same product, way more sales. 10 years ago, Ac/dc, The Eagles and Garth Brooks also sold exclusively through Walmart. They made a ton of money.
Textron and Basspro made a genius deal. Great for both parties and the consumer. Suck it up buttercup.

Last edited:

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See you did not pay attention, kind of knew this would be an issue, so because it is you I will try one more time.

Textron was paid by the govt for providing services - "contracts" as you described = company profits for services rendered.

The other guys get money cause they extended their hand for no service rendered.

Big difference.

Whew that was tough.....lol!

Every U.S military contractor during WW2 and throughout the post war years have received free money from the gov to build the U.S military complex that exist today. That's a fact. Anyone that brings it up as some kind of issue(including yourself) how Bombardier a Canadian company that leads on many fronts globally benifited from gov handouts is IMO petty and un-Canadian. Have some pride and look beyond your property line to what your fellow Canadians have acomplished regardless of what province their from.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did Cat or Textron fire your daddy or put you and your family out on the street , or steal your wife away ?? You sure seem to be enjoying their struggles. Kinda weird !!!!

Was I a little harsh? I didn't mean to....I usually defend the underdog in cases like this.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every U.S military contractor during WW2 and throughout the post war years have received free money from the gov to build the U.S military complex that exist today. That's a fact. Anyone that brings it up as some kind of issue(including yourself) how Bombardier a Canadian company that leads on many fronts globally benifited from gov handouts is IMO petty and un-Canadian. Have some pride and look beyond your property line to what your fellow Canadians have acomplished regardless of what province their from.

Nice story but ya you are just not getting it.

Yous Truly
Mr. Uncanadian

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quebec buying oil from 3rd world dictators instead of Alberta, standing in the way of pipeline and still wanting 10billion a year from Alberta, now that isn't petty at all....

**** quebec

I agree with you 90%. Why don't we try and get the easiest west bound line first. Then the south and finally the east last.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you 90%. Why don't we try and get the easiest west bound line first. Then the south and finally the east last.

why don't we cut off Quebec and spend 10billion a year on Alberta''s aging infrastructure?

I love my skidoo''s but Quebec isn't giving me a lot of reasons to support them. :beer:

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why don't we cut off Quebec and spend 10billion a year on Alberta''s aging infrastructure?

I love my skidoo''s but Quebec isn't giving me a lot of reasons to support them. :beer:

It's a free country dude...you have choices! lol

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buying a Cat UTV or ATV from the bass pro shop is like buying a husky chainsaw from Crappy tire. Whats next? Cat being sold at Costco?? Lol
Costco has yamaha

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ever look at the interest on the first 10000 of a rrsp in quebec, compared to the rest of the country?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ever look at the interest on the first 10000 of a rrsp in quebec, compared to the rest of the country?

no, not sure i want to lol but tell me whats the deal with that?

Top Bottom