Whats the difference between stage 1 880 BMP and stage 2

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone now what the differnce is suppose to be between the two.. Different porting? 14:1 or higher, more RPM due to different porting.
Thanks in advance.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have checked web site before i asked and was looking for some feed back from a person that maybe running option #2

Im guessn porting, it says in thier catalog to call for details, their number is 715-294-4575. Maybe check thier website and see if there is more.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i seen that also and it doesnt say anything about porting or clutching,,stock head,stock pipe and suitcase,,,on 91 octane???so my 800r with engine tech head 13.5:1,timbersled intake,ceramic dyno port y,n single with ceramic thing can,belt drive,dj clutch kit,engine tech theromostat is pushin 190+ hp...i dont think so did i miss something on that bmp chart?

yes i did 880 stage 2 kit,,,my bad,,

Last edited:

oly

Reaction score
Sorry to jump in ( I ride a cat ) But a few guys in my group have XP's. 1 is 2012 XP, 2008 XP and a 2010 Tom Motts 880 Xp. The 880 with the 174" x 3" running on Av gas Really hauls the mail! I think he would be around the 170 ish HP but with that chassis and track he goes were ever my M1000T goes! I'm alot faster and can shoot straight up.. but he tractors right on up. The 2012 XP stock with Jaws can really impressed me as well. That thing was just so nimble to throw around.. And to get to the top it just had to do a little bit of cheating side hilling. We also had the 2012 RMK Pro with us last weekend and it was very simliar to handling to the E-Tec but lacked some HP. I thouhgt I would never say this but.. If I was in for a new sled it would be a 2012 E-Tec!
Side note.. One guy had a 153" power claw - piped M1000.. He had enough beatings that he's looking to buy a new Doo..

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I copied this from another site -

08 xp 800 with Bikeman Stage 2 880cc, BMP ypipe, Boyesen reeds, Low compression head, stock timing, stock pipe, stock muffler.

Ran with premium 91 octane nonoxy

Could expect 4-5 more hp with high compression

STG2 880 - 184.5 hp 122.2 tq

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

not to sound like an ass but,...... right..... 184hp mayby in a controlled enviornment like a dyno cell where number can be squied and working into your favor, and wait we did it with a 410 jet. i still stand by my mathmatical conclusion on horsepower. Gas + air = horsepower. Smaller jet, less gas, less power. Someone build one, if you can take me on that jet with that kit/setup.... i will pay for it.:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not to sound like an ass but,...... right..... 184hp mayby in a controlled enviornment like a dyno cell where number can be squied and working into your favor, and wait we did it with a 410 jet. i still stand by my mathmatical conclusion on horsepower. Gas + air = horsepower. Smaller jet, less gas, less power. Someone build one, if you can take me on that jet with that kit/setup.... i will pay for it.:beer:

420 seems to be the magicall number for that engine. heard even a few guys running it real life iwth 410 jet. corys explanation was that this motor moves SOO much more air. the combination of the boysen reeds, y pipe, extra engine volume and very aggressive porting moves a ton of air. this effect can pull more fuel through that same jet.

on my 880 stage one i am pulling similar trackspeeds to your sled so theres no reason we shouldnt be in the same ballpark. and this stage 2 setup takes it even a little further. i feel dumb because i cant even rememmber what jets i am running in my stage 1.

ps im not asking for a showdown LOL.

sscamaro_skwark

Reaction score
the venturi effect, in the right proportion can surprise, you gotta know what you are doing though
I am extremely confident that the Micku boys know these doo's inside out, they know the right compromise for performance n power

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked with BMP last year about bumping mine to 14:1 and they instructed that only full race 110 for elevation 3500 to 7000. I don't know what to think about this jetting.

Have 480's and 2007 needles raised one clip from center. 1200+ on the top end and 1080+ in the mid range . Plug color real nice and piston wash looks like i could go down one and maybe two at max.
Dyno port pipe and y pipe with Boyseen reeds and bored carbs.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked with BMP last year about bumping mine to 14:1 and they instructed that only full race 110 for elevation 3500 to 7000. I don't know what to think about this jetting.

if you just upgrade your big block chevy from a 454 to a 502 and stuck on some real nice cnc AFR heads and ran the same 850 carb, would you jet it down to make more power?? This is essentially what these guys are saying.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have seen egts at around 900f in midrange, and 1070 in wot, i have 460s, and plan to drop to 440s this weekend, i think cory is onto something with the amount of air this motor pushes out

Summit69

Reaction score
Talk to Cory Micku at Revolution Performance Group, thats his own company. He is super helpful over the phone and will be glad to explain his theorys. One of the riders in our group (I do ride with TPOWER) has the 880 Stage 2 in his xp. I couldnt tell you for sure what he runs for a main jet, but I do know that the porting that they do for the stage 2 is crazy. And the sled ripped everywhere. He did get a little anxious our last day leaving the parking lot and ended up cold siezing it, but its on its way back from BMP going back in the sled.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is sad it seized, you should find out what he thinks was the main issue

Top Bottom