Whats the damage?

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for those of us who finished sledding last month, recently, or those who are still sledding, what have been the cost of your addictions this year? how many mile did you rack up? Break downs? and injuries?

For me:

Fuel: 500$ Oil:100$ Parts: 125$ ( For a broken ski component after I biffed a drop into a creek) Fuel stabilizer and fog: 45$ New pack at the end of the season: 60$

Injuries: nothing more then a sprained wrist

Breakdowns: Just some electrical problems that a little duct tape fixed right up

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would probably commit suicide if I added it up, but what a kickass season, and still 2 or 3 more trips to go. I would be willing to bet the gigglin grizzly and the Mcbride hotel have a ballpark figure

Last edited:

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can only estimate what I spent this season.

Fuel for truck: $1500
Fuel for sleds: $500
Oil: $75
Parts: $200 - ski bushings + hardware and vents for mine, a new bumper for the wifes.

I plan on putting some coin in the sled this summer and hope to have it upgraded by next riding season.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pfft. Im not counting my gas total. Then I would know what it is.

Gas: Lots.
Oil: Less, but lots.
Parts: around 1000$
Parts needed for next winter: Lots.

Quantifying all of this is enough to drive a guy crazy, hahah.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
So for those of us who finished sledding last month, recently, or those who are still sledding, what have been the cost of your addictions this year? how many mile did you rack up? Break downs? and injuries?

For me:

Fuel: 500$ Oil:100$ Parts: 125$ ( For a broken ski component after I biffed a drop into a creek) Fuel stabilizer and fog: 45$ New pack at the end of the season: 60$

Injuries: nothing more then a sprained wrist

Breakdowns: Just some electrical problems that a little duct tape fixed right up

I set a company wide record for most damage without writing off a sled... $8,500 dollars damage to a 2011 E-tech + one helmet + one helmet camera.
Ric.. You definatly messed YOURSELF up worse.. So ill give you the injury belt.. but Im taking the damage belt HOME! TAKE NOTES! lol :beer:
So.... Do I win??

The year before that I did $6,000 to my other X with one accident.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Roughly 30 trips worth of fuel for sled and vehicle - 6500$
Oil for 30 trips - 850$
Food and BEER for 30 trips - 3800$
General maintenance Parts - maybe 500$ I had no issues this season
Preseason upgrades - 3500$
Watching T-team destroy a new sled on the family trail - priceless

injuries - NONE pheww
km racked up - roughly 5000

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Roughly 30 trips worth of fuel for sled and vehicle - 6500$
Oil for 30 trips - 850$
Food and BEER for 30 trips - 3800$
General maintenance Parts - maybe 500$ I had no issues this season
Preseason upgrades - 3500$
Watching T-team destroy a new sled on the family trail - priceless

Why does it have to be family trail? Cant we rename it to something that doesn't make me sound like such a douche canoe? Like "THE BERMUDA BEND"
Or.... "DEVILS DITCH"... OR...."T-TEAM'S TRAIL OF TREACHURY"......
And I didnt destroy it.... it was FINE!..... until we hooked a tow strap up and moved it two feet and dismantled itself
Like thats a big pile of parts or something?? It wasnt that bad :crying3:

Attachments

• PICTURES 018.jpg
    PICTURES 018.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 574

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
T-TEAM'S 2012..... Problem solved

Attachments

• ali1.JPG
    ali1.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 576

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a good year last year so I thought I'd put a little in to it preseason. I did the 2.5 track $900 a RKT 14-1 head $500 Race fuel:rant: $300 (only ran the head late season) WRP boards $450 and mountain Addiction gas can $500 (I bought two sets because we always run out to soon on those DEEP days :d

Then I did the repair thing E-module and S-module it was only $500 but a little work LOL. Then first ride of the year did the front cooler delete :rant: Rock!
That turned into a new cooler and front drive shaft Think it was $800ish. Plus renting a sled to save the trip $330.:rant:

And maintenance New chain new diaphram for power valves. New muffler bearing LOL (exhaust donut) Nordlock washers and new y-pipe bolts and gaskets. Rebuild clutch ramps, gov. cup, spring, bushing etc
First belt ever for my "belt eating" 08 XP I bought my sled with 750 km and put a rooster built cutch kit in before I ran it and got 1750 km out of the used belt that was on the sled the day I bought it :d

I don't like this anymore it was fun at the start now I want to stop LOL

Lots of video and had the best weekend ever!(for me) in 3rd week of Jan McBride over the windshield snow for three days. Was worth every penny!!:beer:

Oh and Two broke ribs the Sat day morning going for breakfast at the north country (slipped on the step of the restaurant) I managed to ride sat and sun 30+ tylenol later I couldn't move any more only to be laughed at by the ER doctor when I told him I rode a sled for two days before I got x-rays.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't even tally it up all I can say is Trip to Blue River, Many Many trips to Kakwa, and now on the long weekend coming up gone to Revy. Worth every penny spent. No offical tally but absolutely priceless.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh boy, were in the presence of greatness, Maxwell visited the thread.

Forgot to add this but I got in 600km this season. Gonna put on lots next season. Sled has 3989km and no rebuilds(yet) can't wait to graduate and sell old blue and upgrade to a 151 summit.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sled stolen mid winter
Hassle of waiting for insurance
Deductable
Sprained thumb
No way I'm puttin #'s for costs could be used against me in court of law
Bout 20 trips on replacement 5 rides on my 08 before burned
Lots Diesel
Lots premium
Lots Amsoil

Ain't over till the fat lady sings, As I sit looking at the 3 sis's snowed all day up top today looked like, Taking a look tomorrow. Damage and carnage could insue.:beer::d

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does it have to be family trail? Cant we rename it to something that doesn't make me sound like such a douche canoe? Like "THE BERMUDA BEND"
Or.... "DEVILS DITCH"... OR...."T-TEAM'S TRAIL OF TREACHURY"......
And I didnt destroy it.... it was FINE!..... until we hooked a tow strap up and moved it two feet and dismantled itself
Like thats a big pile of parts or something?? It wasnt that bad :crying3:

What the hell did you hit? wasn't much left of it huh?

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure of costs involved, but for my first season in 10 back I put 400km on the king cat from mid nov to mid jan, and 1026 on the m8 from mid jan to mid april and may just pull it out of storage for a weekend trip to Hasler this weekend. Damages were minor, blew a belt on the king cat, and destroyed an a arm on the m8, think I picked a good season to get back into it, definitely hooked :beer: Costs not included in gearing up and buying the sleds would be minimal, free diesel for the truck, my friends let us use their camp at kakwa in exchange for some help taking it out, so just fuel and oil

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
23 trips to Revi. That's like 70-80 hotel @ 150 per night = 10500 500 per night at zalas. Average between me and my brother split everything. 25000 km on my new truck aprox 5 k in deisel with a truck boss deck. 5 k. 500 donation to the club plus a season trail pass. 200 liters c16 race gas@ 4 per liter. Tons of premium One oil change on the each nitro. 7200 km between ditch banging and mountains. Only injury is Now I have hands that won't close smaller than a handle grip. Also a set of tires on the 4 place. After sledding all my life it was the best season ever for pow and blue sky. Lots of 4' deep plus days.

Top Bottom