What the heck is this???

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so keep in mind we live way way way up a mountain in the middle of nowhere. No neighbors in the heart of the wild.
We were curious as to what was out there.. the dogs were very hackley and on their toes. Now I'm thinking this is a wolverine skull??? If that is the case, kind of curious as to what could have killed it??? I know there are cougars and wolves around, and the bears are now staring to come out of hibernation.

what do you think this is?
creepy thing skull.jpg

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wolf? Need more sides to guess better
I think wolverine is more weasel looking

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not a wolverine. Either bear or wolf, but you need to see more of it to tell, as well as something for scale.

Edit - Thinking about it again, it could be a wolverine, as they have a wider head, but I just thought it was too big.

Last edited:

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
<snip>

I think wolverine is more weasel looking

You're thinking Pine Martin, wolverines are more like a bad azz badger on crack. Lol

How big is this skull MOMMA ? The teeth look good so I would think a young animal.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be a wolverine , I just googled it and there comparable but the wolf looks a lot alike as well .... Need a different angle to be sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while working extremely hard

Last edited:

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Based on tooth pattern, I say it's a wolf. Wolverine and bears seem to have 4 distinct teeth behind the canine. Wolves have 5 and this seems to have 5.

Top Bottom