what riding areas would you like to go to that you have never seen.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally have never been to the crowsnest area or any where in the cranbrook, nelson area.
Does any one have any thing to say about these areas?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't bother going to Nelson/Castlegar. Its full of hippies. It rarely snows. And really, there are no mountains there. You should avoid it. Okay?

:)

Everything else depends on what type of riding you are looking for. Cranbrook has Lumberton, its a popular area for the locals. There are a handful of other areas.
Crowsnest can be hit and miss for snow. Castle Mountain can be a nice ride. Typically windblown and hardpacked but there are those days it is like its own little piece of heaven.

The Fernie area is gaining lots of popularity, especially with the work that has happend due to the club members the past few years. Elkford is another well kept secret. Aside from Golden, Radium has some hidden secrets. You can always go even further to Pemberton.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hahahaha..............someone wants to keep a few secrets for a few more years, eh!

I'll agree with Dan that Fernie and Elkford are nice areas with lots of amenities in Fernie. A little on the expensive side but trail passes are still $10/day.

Elkford is much cheaper as it isn't a big name ski town. Not quite the snow of the Fernie area but pretty close.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep Pemberton is awsome,Squamish is really good too...

Ive always wanted to try Hope,,, always drive past it but there is a ch!t load snow and some big mountains...looks like a winner to me!

Terrace is good and not to many albertans riding there.... To many good places in BC to list....

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanna try a few of the areas around sicamoose rode one last year and now my brother's place is finished I got a free place to stay. Woo hoo extra days of riding with what would have been hotel money!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to ride the area between Chetwynd and Prince George this season. I've had the opportunity to ride many areas from Trout Lake in the south east to Hyder in the north west, but haven't ridden in north east BC yet.

Sent from my iPad when I should be fishing.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya im thinkin of a trip to alaska in the near future definetly a small goal of mine to get up there

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stewart, Pemberton, Alaska, Kootenays.

Im Trying to plan a trip to Alaska this year with some guys. I made a thread on it. Been wanting to go for three yrs. this year I'm going if I have to go alone. Lol

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to ride Valemount.

Everytime I go to Fernie, I find different stuff to ride. Used to ride the typical Rolling Hills area. Finally got to the notch and if it isn't socked in, looks like a nice play area. I used to ride in on the pipeline which tends to beat you up before you even get to play. Drove around to Fernie to stage last time and really enjoyed the groomed trail. I can do more when I get to the play areas. I don't like highmarking and Fernie has tons of tree riding. I always need a gps though. I get so turned around out there.

Met a guy in Crowsnest that will take us around Corbin. Rode there twice and couldn't find anything other than Rain Gauge. I think that was my 2nd year sledding on a 583 summit.

Tried Elkford once when the avy rating was high a couple of years ago. Didn't want to push our luck and busted an a-arm 3 hours into our day. Want to go back there with someone that knows the area.
I came so close to plowing a friend on the trail. As we were riding, we were looking for a small sign for a trail off the main trail. My friend was ahead and looked to the right as he was riding. I looked to the right to see what he was looking at and when I looked back he was stopped dead in front of me. Took everything I had to avoid him. It would be safer next time to follow people that know where the hidden turns are ;)

Top Bottom