What is the best jacket and pants to go with

Adam_Moops

Reaction score
I too have Valdez and togwatee set up. Find it to be perfect. Durable and stuff. I sometimes layer up when cold or dark coming off the mountain but for the most part, its a base layer all day.

RockSmasher

Reaction score
I have had Motor Fist Rekon bibs and jacket for the last two years. Still looks new and the coat is very light, and very warm. Bibs are a little thick for my liking, but I run hot, like, sweat when I eat hot. I'm trying some Arctiva pants this year. They seem lighter. I don't think a guy can go wrong with any high end gear really. A little off topic, but does anyone else's keyboard seem c0cked up when typing on this site?

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to be warm and dry is priceless.... if your cold and wet your miserable and want to go home. on my second year of motorfist rekon jacket and bibs... layer up and down accordingly... and you won't look back! I wear the motorfist valkery gloves as well. water, wind proof and thin so good feel on the throttle and brake.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little off topic, but does anyone else's keyboard seem c0cked up when typing on this site?[/QUOTE]

been like that for me since last yar

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim is the way to go! My Klim jacket feels very thin and light. All I wear is a thin long sleeve underneath and I'll be warm in -25. Keeps you very dry aswell!

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run motorfist boots and love them, run fxr coat and pants, and run fxr, fly and dc gloves and never get cold, but will probably replace fxr gear next year with more fxr gear. they make nice stuff

mx2hunter

Reaction score
I got some motorfist and slednecks gear and it keeps me dry and warm. Motorfist is nice gear.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

BillyYork

Reaction score
Another motorfist guy here. Make sure you use their layering system. It just works so well together, never wet, never cold. I've heard the gortex on the klim membrane will plug with exhaust fumes and stuff making it not as efficient but the motorfist stuff doesn't have that problem. Not sure how true that is. But You cant go wrong with either one in my opinion, both are great products.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Another motorfist guy here. Make sure you use their layering system. It just works so well together, never wet, never cold. I've heard the gortex on the klim membrane will plug with exhaust fumes and stuff making it not as efficient but the motorfist stuff doesn't have that problem. Not sure how true that is. But You cant go wrong with either one in my opinion, both are great products.

As above....Motorfist, layering etc.
Love that chit.

Sent from my Phone while sitting on the side of the road.....maybe.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got Klim head to toe. Money well spent. Except for their gloves. They absolutely blow!

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I went with the Klim base layer, mid layer top and then the Valdez jacket and togwotee bibs, and got to try them out this past weekend. All I can say, is WOW!!!! May have cost me almost $1400, but worth every single penny. No remorse whatsoever!

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got new gear this year. I decided to try a one peice suit from FXR. the maverick to be exact. Now granted I haven't had the chance to try it out yet( come on dec 17 th!!!) I think it will be awsome with proper layers as its non insulated. The thing I really like is there is no more gap for snow to get up my back, and sealed up at the wrists and legs so it should be basicly snow proof! I hope to find out soon. Also at 600 bucks it's a fair bit cheaper than most pant jacket combos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tranquillicer

Reaction score
Lot of folks out there buy new gear and have excellent used high quality stuff for sale. Save big $ if your lucky and still get some warm dry gear. Can't beat being comfy....
keep your eye's on the classified

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a tobe onsie for this year and I've gone out riding when it was -30 never mind the wind and I barely had to layer up, A dry wear onsie under it, I was warm all day long, I'm sold on the onsies i hate being cold, and it's just so comfortable having nothing really around your waste feels good ! If you get a chance try one on they are sweet !

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim... never wet never cold. Only a base layer and thin mid layer for pants and pull over jacket. I like the shells as I can move freer. The first time I went out in -28 I thought I needed to put a thicker mid layer on. 20 min into the ride I had to take it off!!! Too damn hot.

Experience with warranty none as I have not needed it. .. however Motorist warranty is great as we needed it 3 years in a row!! Ripped seams in pants then jacket then pants again in a different spot. Gloves wore out in one season they replaced them. Boots packed in after one season they replaced them too. Although great we are tired of sending gear for warranty.

Been using Klim for 3 years never a problem with any thing. HMK wore out the pants on running boards and all around top of boot area.

Each to their own but I love my Klim!!! Well worth the $$$ IMHO

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim all the way
i have warren through the seams I a couple of spots. Great cloths. But. $$$
was thinking of trying he newer stealth jacket and pant.
Super lite
anyone have any experience with the stealth line from klim

Top Bottom