what helmet and goggle combination do you use?

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not a cheap setup but well worth it. 6d atr-1 helmet with Oakley airbrake goggles. the 6d helmet is the most comfortable helmet i have ever had on. and Oakley because of the prizm lenses, make a huge difference

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally have worn Troy Lee helmets(they fit me very well) for the last 15+ years and currently 509 goggles. I am also looking for different goggles. I would say, find yourself a helmet that fits your head to a comfort level that you like, don't be cheap on the helmet(but thats your decision), you will get what you pay for. Then take that helmet with you to try various googles that will actually fit to your face and fit in the helmet. Not all goggles will fit your face and helmet equally as good so finding the right combination is frustrating. Looked at Zeal, Smith and the Oakleys and will be going with the Smith as they fit my face the best, the other two seemed to pinch my nose to the point it was harder to breath. I was at the Sundance ski shop in Edmonton a couple weeks ago and the Smith rep was there at the time and had good things to say about most of the brands and what to look for when buying goggles. Fit, obviously has alot to do with the resistance to fogging up(some goggles are more flat) and so does the volume of the goggle. The goggles with the large round looking lenses carry more air volume inside therefore are less prone to fogging. Also if the goggle fits to tight in the helmet any slight movement of the helmet could pull the goggle from your face allowing snow to get in. Just my opinion. Good luck!

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been faithful to 509, carbon fiber helmet and aviator goggles. Their warranty and customer service has been great.

dabensmiller

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You definitely have to go try the different helmets on, some do not fit me worth a crap. Troy Lee SE3 and Oakley Airbrake for me.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just retired an old Fly motocross helmet and upgraded to 509 Altitude. Sinister and aviator googles, also a pair of triple 9 auto tint. Very happy with the helmet , much less fogging with new style breath guard. That was my biggest issue.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never gave enough credit to good helmet and goggles until I had them. Ran 509 Sinister goggles for years - now I realize how terrible they fit my face. The put too much pressure on my nose and turn me into a mouth-breather.

Tough to go back to a heavy helmet once you've worn a lighter one.

Currently using a Suomy Alpha Helmet and Zeal Eclipse Goggles with the Auto Plus lens and very happy with the combination. I'll also be looking at Airoh for next helmet purchase

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP carbon fiber helmet and Oakley inferno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 carbon, super lite with 509 goggles best set I have ever had. Royal dist had the helmet on for 250 what a deal.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the titan helmet. I can tell you the goggles they have are crap. I run oakleys with mine. But the helmet I love it. Anytime I'm stuck or out of breath flip the front down. Can eat ot drink with my helmet on, and it fits awesome. Helmet thumbs up. Goggles =trash can.
762a0c8d2c44ed6dc667a0004089bf65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KLIM F4 and KLIM radius Pro goggle, best I've had yet. They work great together, minimal goggle fogging. I had 509s and HJC before, doesnt hold a canlde to this setup. F4's can be found pretty cheap these days and they're pretty light for not being carbon.

Top Bottom