What fuel programmer to get

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
O.K. i have a 07 700 grizzly.I have a K&n filter and a two brothers slip on pipe..Recently i have been told that you need a programmer if you have a pipe,others say you dont ,just crank up the fuel through the pod.....

I have since took the pipe off and put the stock one back on,,,,,went for a ride to day for an hour or so....Went WOT across the field then shut it off pulled the plug and it looks good,,light tan color on the electrode.I am just wondering what others have and if they have good luck with them.
I hope the time the pipe was on it didnt do any damage to the motor.THANKS

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EFI,.. no worries, it's controlled by the ECM,.. it's not like a carb, like my 660.

The only ones I know of are powercommander, hmf and VDI.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
EFI,.. no worries, it's controlled by the ECM,.. it's not like a carb, like my 660.

The only ones I know of are powercommander, hmf and VDI.

your right it is EFI but it doesnt compensate for fuel mixtures,,,,,altitude yes,,,but not like a truck will,,,it is aparently a" closed loop system" whatever that means,,,I am just going by info i have got from grizzly Central....IDK

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right it is EFI but it doesnt compensate for fuel mixtures,,,,,altitude yes,,,but not like a truck will,,,it is aparently a" closed loop system" whatever that means,,,I am just going by info i have got from grizzly Central....IDK

K, I just did a little more research on what you are calling the POD "mod"

If you are getting a good color, no backfiring out of the intake and the engine isn't running hotter than normal,.. I would say you are pretty good.

But IMO,.. I would start back from OEM, and adjust up from there in excrement's, you are better off running rich than lean.

Also not sure on your grizz, but with my rhino,.. when I jetted, I kept upping the jet until my max speed didn't change,. then I back off 1 jet size. Not sure how your adjustment is measured.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
On the 07's you can change the fuel amount by adjusting it from the speedometer pod.
but i have heard it only makes a difference up to 1/4 throttle.Plus or minus.
So after 1/4 throttle then what happens?You would think it would work like a vehicle eh?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the 07's you can change the fuel amount by adjusting it from the speedometer pod.
but i have heard it only makes a difference up to 1/4 throttle.Plus or minus.
So after 1/4 throttle then what happens?You would think it would work like a vehicle eh?

I would think that would have to do with take off, and slow trail riding bog, after that then fuel would just be opened up.

I have been thinking, and if I "were" a Yamaha engineer, I would have implemented a safety feature just for liability reasons, IE engine blowing up.

In today's market, manufacturers know two givens, speed and power. And for the power, CAI and exhaust,.. so I am thinking they have the POD set so you can only go so high/low with fuel settings WHILE maintaining a safe AFR.

I am sure you are fine.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I would think that would have to do with take off, and slow trail riding bog, after that then fuel would just be opened up.

I have been thinking, and if I "were" a Yamaha engineer, I would have implemented a safety feature just for liability reasons, IE engine blowing up.

In today's market, manufacturers know two givens, speed and power. And for the power, CAI and exhaust,.. so I am thinking they have the POD set so you can only go so high/low with fuel settings WHILE maintaining a safe AFR.

I am sure you are fine.

I have heard they are rich from the factory,,,but i still gonna price a few out...
Thanks Jason

denseleit

Reaction score
I've used and like the dynojet. Mainly for the reason of using my laptop to tune it and it has an adjustable accelerator pump, which make for lightning fast response. Also downloadable tunes..

Top Bottom