What do you do to keep your air box from filling up with snow?

whiskeythrottle

Reaction score
Looking for tips/tricks on how to seal up the air box on a ktm 450 sxf from filling up with snow and choking off the air flow. I've tried with the filter and snow screen and without the filter(just the snow screen only) and still my airbox packs the snow in tight and chokes the air flow off. Also is anyone running filter pods instead Instead of air box and any issues with pods?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Usually snow never gets through the prefilter material. Frogskin type. On my mountain cat 800 i had kick ass pod filters. i found they got wet when snow got in and the heat from the motor melted the snow, a prefilter is needed on them in my opinion.

Reaction score
Cut the entire bottom of your air box out. Snow then just falls out the bottom. If it looks like snow might come in from the bottom hang a piece of rubber down from there to the frame/chain assembly

sorsy

Reaction score
get rid of the air box completely and run a UNI clamp on filter with an outerwears cover. check out the UNI filters website. Then you can put your stock air box back on for the summer.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
removed the back half of the airbox on the crf. waiting for filter to show up to finish it off

barthasbite

Reaction score
I bought a snowbike last spring (CRF 450) it has FrogzSkin covering the side plate openings and foam stuffed in the bottom opening of the airbox. It also has a 3" hole cut in the back of the airbox coverd with FrogzSkin. Only had it out a few times and seems to work!

Top Bottom