What would you do in my situation?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So I have 4 shocks, all rebuild able, and are from an aftermarket company, 2 front and 2 rear that are all the same model shocks, just length differs. I have been dealing with a local shop that rebuilds shocks. I dropped them off in May, That or the end of April.

I brought them the shocks, off the sled, and told them I wanted them rebuilt. So they took my shocks, and put my work order down for the rebuild and needing the rebuild kits, and said they would get the kits ordered right away(I still wanted to make a trip in the spring).

Well they ordered the parts from the aftermarket company they said. But the parts never came for two-three months, and when the parts did come, they had sent the wrong ones 'after' the guy at the aftermarket place was so confident that there was only one set of seals for the shocks.

The company sent "ATV Shock seals" as it clearly stated right on the package, my local shop showed me all the kits and they all said ATV. I was then showed the work order number, and I was present when the kits were ordered and both things are clearly written down, and said 2009 Arctic Cat M8 snowmobile.

I was present for the phone call with the company the next time, I went there 6 days in a row, and my local shop called and left it on speakerphone for me to hear, they never answer the phone, during business hours.

so finally got ahold of the company and they said that they would "air mail, 2-3. Business days" the package so I could get the sled done, since winter is quickly approaching. Anyways 2-3 days goes by, still no package, 5-7 days go by still no package, 2 weeks goes by still no package. After 3 weeks the seals finally came. Which are the correct ones now!

But it gets better, now I have the correct seals, but yet they shorted my shop the piston seals... So now my shocks still aren't done, and I have to wait for parts yet again.

I've made it clear to my local shop that I don't want him to pay for the correct seals(they had to bite the bullet for the bill on the ATV seal kits), because I don't want to pay for the parts from the company.

But I am also not pleased to have to go to the local shop to get any information. I know this is a winter vehicle and doesn't get used during the summer, but it takes up space, you can't move a sled around without shocks very easily, so it has been on my sled deck all summer. I can't put it in my shop, and can't put it into storage without shocks on it because I have to drive it into storage.

In my eyes I did them a favour, because if I brought them the sled, they would've had the sled in their shop for 5 months takin up space, but then again they probably would've gotten the seals a lot faster.

And last sat year I had 4 other shocks rebuild, and ran into the same problem with them taking 6 months to rebuild them, I thought that my shocks on the back were just odd balls and it wasn't their fault, so I gave them another chance to have the same thing happen again.

Basically what I'm asking is, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?

Last edited:

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Jesus, what shock company is it that hard to buy parts from?
I don't want to throw anyone under the bus yet until I get everything settled.

I can tell you it's definitely not the guys at Raptor, nothing but good things to say about that place. Definitely will be going through them next time.

they take the parcel to the Canadian side and ship it from Canada if you need parts, and checked for sealed if they had any that would work for me my local shop said.

Chronic Cat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would never stand for this, especially as a paying customer. Your not tossing anyone under the bus, these azzholes jumped under themselves. Do everyone on this site a favor and spill the beans as to who is responsible. If they cared about the reputation this chit would have never happened......

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would never stand for this, especially as a paying customer. Your not tossing anyone under the bus, these azzholes jumped under themselves. Do everyone on this site a favor and spill the beans as to who is responsible. If they cared about the reputation this chit would have never happened......
Agreed, you don't have any leverage if they aren't willing to stand behind their product other than to divert future victims away from their pocket book.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
09 cat i would tend to think Fox. If it is should be no problem. Unless the said dealer isnt paying bills to them something. You been nice for this long but nice guys tend to finsh last. Time to make your self heard and demand your shocks back!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this sounds like a Terra-alps story

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, until I get this settled I may as well just say what company it is. It's ZBroz racing with Exit Shocks out of Utah.

I have four Exit X1 shocks which are around $3,000 worth of paperweight at the moment.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour. Get rid of that crap and get into some raptors. The product is only as good as the service. Ive been on the other end of situations like this before so i get where your coming from.

Well, until I get this settled I may as well just say what company it is. It's ZBroz racing with Exit Shocks out of Utah.

I have four Exit X1 shocks which are around $3,000 worth of paperweight at the moment.

zx4ever

Reaction score
I'm not trying to defend zbros. But I had a similar problem with raptor a few years ago I sent them my shock in June and got the run around all summer and finally got it back in late October. So I think it just happens every once in a while. I have had good service from Nate at zbros on my exit shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm not trying to defend zbros. But I had a similar problem with raptor a few years ago I sent them my shock in June and got the run around all summer and finally got it back in late October. So I think it just happens every once in a while. I have had good service from Nate at zbros on my exit shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is why I didn't want to name any names yet, I'm sure not everyone's experience has been bad. I didn't want to run my mouth too much. Just wanted to know if it was reasonable to expect to not pay for any of the seals, or labor. I will pay for the oil/nitrogen for assembly.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If anyone has the skid shocks for an 09' m8 with the rear float and front zero pro I'd probably buy them. I have front fox zero pros for the front already.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heres another fella I'd try before you go too far...Ian @ monster perf is down East but moves alot of Exit products. While he is only a distributor he stocks alot of parts. Phone call is cheap compared to new shocks..while I've never personally dealt with him I know a number who have and race about his service.

monsterperformancesuspension

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Anyone have the rear shocks for an m8? I need both the float and the coil over in the front arm. Want to set it back to stock suspension, maybe put these exits on my Snopro

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problems with a US company on my last sled when I purchased one of their motor kits. They sent me some of the wrong parts for the kit I ordered. (Ptec vs Etec). Back and forth all winter long trying to get the right **** sent up. Whole ordeal cost me $1,400 more than it should have. Never make any mods again, stock from now on for this guy. Just not worth the hassle.

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your rebuild complete? if not you have a couple options...

1. Give frankensled a call. He is a dealer for exit shocks now. I ordered some odd parts from him to rebuild a completely destroyed 10yr old exit shock.

2. Exit shocks are not complicated, your rebuilder could easily go down to a seal shop and just pick up the correct seals and start rebuilding them.

3. Drop em off at my house, I will warn you they will sit on my bench for a bit as I am busy with real work :)

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It's thouht i'd update. I have gotten two of the 4 shocks s couple weeks ago. But it was 1 front shock, and 1 rear shock. Not the combination that's any use. And they're still waiting on parts from zbros. Since I picked up my two mixmatched shocks they have been waiting for the same parts. Went back couple days ago and still no parts from zbros. Buyer beware on Zbros for sure. They said they were air mailing all the parts about 5 times now and every time came up short. So 7 months at least to get 4 shocks rebuilt. I'm glad I just went out and bought floats instead of messing around waiting. Expensive aftermarket shocks aren't any better riding then stock OEM shocks if they aren't rebuildable and on the sled...

Top Bottom