What did you Doo to or for your XM today……..

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
that sucks! but i kinda one upped you, I bent my bulkhead today.... anyone have any idea what its going to cost to fix?

That really sucks, dude! I repaired an 07 XRS by myself and parts were in the neighbourhood of $700. That was from the front bumper up to the piece under the motor. No new a-arms and no new plastics were required. Found some second hand take-offs for shocks that were cheap. Yes, bolts instead of some of the rivets and a good rivet "gun" for the rivets.

It was a bit un-nerving to get started but once I started everything seemed quite straight forward. It was a summer project as the mess happened on the last ride (May long weekend) and went well. Good luck and you can doo it..:yo:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Technically it was yesterday, but I sacrificed my windshield to the mountain. It was born from the mountain, so it's a full circle now.

Was doing a sidehill in some powder at Gorman and hit a bit bolder, sled and I went for a fall, windshield is somewhere in the snow up by that bolder.

lesson: don't ride with the windshield in the mountains.

Anyone want to sell me their windshield?

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
that sucks! but i kinda one upped you, I bent my bulkhead today.... anyone have any idea what its going to cost to fix?
I payed 3200 for a new e module and s module on one side of my sled, that was everything done by a dealer next time would definitely do it myself.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I busted my windshield first day out with new sled in quartz this fall, hmmmmmmm Golden must be the problem............

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I drove by the rocks in Cowboy Basin and went straight into the trees. The pow was awesome and to think of the traffic that missed that on the last weekend is unbelievable!
I love it when one is coming down in the untouched pow through the trees and the wave keeps building in front of the sled.

FILE0232.jpg FILE0232-1.jpg FILE0235.jpg

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Waiting on a recoil for one sled, and headlight/upper airbox assembly for the other.... parts for both should be in before my next days off!

Whitecourt-20130228-00182_zps8f4ec9b0.jpg

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I let the huge ice cube under the pipe melt and drip on the trailer. Really should install the vent kit and gripnrip kit I got sittin here too... *beerchug nah

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U have had that kit for a month dude.

It's a beer swig of a job.

from my HTC

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good season of sledding!

Attachments

• 20130316_134648-1024.jpg
    20130316_134648-1024.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 344
  • 20130316_143705-1024.jpg
    20130316_143705-1024.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 342

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My X stickers are missing the bottom leg, one of the reflectors in the front is half missing, bit of a crack in the plastic where the front bumper goes in, dent in the brake cover, and missing a Linq sticker on the tunnel.
Some war wounds.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moved rear scissor back on rail, haven't ridden yet...then carved out some custom ramps for the TRA, just messin' around, always trying something new or different.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moved rear scissor back on rail, haven't ridden yet...then carved out some custom ramps for the TRA, just messin' around, always trying something new or different.

Moved rear sizzor eh???? What do u figure on gaining doing this little mod??

Boy I wish I had the tools to make my own machined parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy would the imagination soar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moved rear sizzor eh???? What do u figure on gaining doing this little mod??

Boy I wish I had the tools to make my own machined parts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy would the imagination soar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully similar to the XP scissor relocate brackets, firms up the rear a bit and helps keep the nose down on climbs, lessens trenching in the deep. Some guys are liking it....as long as it doesn't hose up other handling aspects it should be a winner. If not, it's free and easy to change back. I went .75" (inch).

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya im curious about the affects it may have on the T-motion....

Hopefully similar to the XP scissor relocate brackets, firms up the rear a bit and helps keep the nose down on climbs, lessens trenching in the deep. Some guys are liking it....as long as it doesn't hose up other handling aspects it should be a winner. If not, it's free and easy to change back. I went .75" (inch).

Top Bottom