What Did You Do In Ur Garage?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering how much that company is charging I think that is more than fair.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering how much that company is charging I think that is more than fair.
ok when I get them finished and installed I`ll put up a picture or two and will be in touch. It maybe another week or so before I get back to finishing them.

Last edited:

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok when I get them finished and installed I`ll put up a picture or two and will be in touch. It maybe another week or so before I get back to finishing them.

I have these on my arctic fox. Definitely help firm the jacks up for sure. The little “T” handle tightening devices though are a PITA to reach on the rear jacks on my trailer, too far under to reach easily. If I was fabbing my own I would rotate the tightening devices 90 degrees so they were facing the rear and put a hex head bolt on them. That way a spare socket on some kind of an extended handle would make it much easier to reach under to tighten/loosen them. It’s also hard to get the little T handles tight enough to not vibrate loose and fall off. Despite my best efforts I’ve lost a couple and had to build replacements.
I’m not trying to tell you how to build them, just a couple of things you might want to consider based on my experiences. I hope you’ll post some pics when you’re Done, I’d like to see how they turn out.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have these on my arctic fox. Definitely help firm the jacks up for sure. The little “T” handle tightening devices though are a PITA to reach on the rear jacks on my trailer, too far under to reach easily. If I was fabbing my own I would rotate the tightening devices 90 degrees so they were facing the rear and put a hex head bolt on them. That way a spare socket on some kind of an extended handle would make it much easier to reach under to tighten/loosen them. It’s also hard to get the little T handles tight enough to not vibrate loose and fall off. Despite my best efforts I’ve lost a couple and had to build replacements.
I’m not trying to tell you how to build them, just a couple of things you might want to consider based on my experiences. I hope you’ll post some pics when you’re Done, I’d like to see how they turn out.
are you looking over my shoulder, lol. I`m using a bolt instead of a t handle, I didn't`t like the idea of just hand tight. The tighting bolt is going to easy to get at, I hate fighting with stuff when I should be drinking a beer. I always have tools when campings I would tighten them with a wrench or socket.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bring my electric drill lol lower and raise jacks quicker because the beer isn’t getting any colder.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Diff brace installed.
2a549708d445e7cdc20a07c2e479e368.jpg

64f96f10f8172a19b5bd89a5d7382c1f.jpg

8edff18d7b5285f6b3fe2f20a1daa3a5.jpg

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
60e3499fa802d112a45688656388828f.jpg

Ready for wheels again. But still debating putting headers and a different exhaust on while stock exhaust is out.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pano of my bud’s shop. 68 Camaro race car, 6-71 BBC out for new bearings. 70 GM truck patina rusty with restored frame, driveline, motor...nearing completion. 69 Camero he is selling as roller, removing 383 B&M SBC to put in his 69 Tempest. Always chit going on over there....

b1da78e7702f21e4c716db54cccef0ab.jpg

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a haircut in my shop today. My wife was a hairdresser 25-ish years ago....the ol rusty clippers and scissors still work.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a haircut in my shop today. My wife was a hairdresser 25-ish years ago....the ol rusty clippers and scissors still work.
Did she give you the full salon treatment or just snip ,snip your done. Used to love going to get the hair wash. Felt like a minni massage.lol

Top Bottom