What Did You Do In Ur Garage?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed an accumulator tank to quiet the RV pump down when it’s getting low.

c9c63334904cda7e4b39440099524078.jpg

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put one in my rig 3-4 yrs ago too. Helped a bit, but not as drastic as I’d hoped.
Did you play around with pressures?
If it doesn’t work that great I’ll soft line everything I can. They sell a quiet kit and it looks like it is just soft lines to isolate the pump. It’s very quiet till the tank gets below 1/3, then you can hear it.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you play around with pressures?
If it doesn’t work that great I’ll soft line everything I can. They sell a quiet kit and it looks like it is just soft lines to isolate the pump. It’s very quiet till the tank gets below 1/3, then you can hear it.
I didn't play with it much...plunked the default pressure to it (50?) and ran it.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s supposed to be set to your pump cut In pressure. Mine is at 35 psi and man is it sensitive to adjust the pressure! Everything I’ve read said you have to play with it to get it right. Once you get it your golden.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doing a new roof on the garage. Looking at the forecast I hope it's finished today

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nice job!
How big is the top?
What keeps the removable leg from folding up on you?

I chopped my welding cart down as well to fit under my bench [I've got a smaller bottle]. Cut the legs off the bottom and re drilled the holes... kept the shelf for sanding discs, gloves etc.

I just let the top of bench rust up, give 'er a quick sand to remove rust/splatter when needed. Hard to draw/write on table top with a paint pen, marker, soap stone with a film on it. My $.02

Everyone has their own method of madness :)

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top is 4' by 2' . The leg is hinged so when unpacking leg in upside down hinge at bottom. Leg folds out then table is hinged at welder it folds up leg swings under and there is a pin on both sides corner of table top leg that holds it.

Dukhtr3

Reaction score
Spray wd40 on it once year and it won't hardly rust. I have a table in my shop for 10 years and hardly any rust. Once a year I clean the top and spray wd40 on it

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys Im being self taught on all of this. To throw a new test I bought a plazma cutter. Now just gotta rewire the garage. Compressor is on its own 220 30amp. All other plugs are 110 15amp. Tried running cutter on 110, its a pro point pro cut 30 and it does run 110 and 220. Cutting the 1/8 isnt too bad but does keep tripping breaker. Can I add another 220 some how or is this an electrician job.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys Im being self taught on all of this. To throw a new test I bought a plazma cutter. Now just gotta rewire the garage. Compressor is on its own 220 30amp. All other plugs are 110 15amp. Tried running cutter on 110, its a pro point pro cut 30 and it does run 110 and 220. Cutting the 1/8 isnt too bad but does keep tripping breaker. Can I add another 220 some how or is this an electrician job.

You'll need to pull a new cable to your electrical panel and 2 empty slots to put in a new 2 pole 240 volt breaker. 240 volt isn't like 110, unfortunately you can't put multiple receptacles on the same breaker, every receptacle must have it's own breaker. If you're comfortable with electrical work it's not that hard.

Top Bottom