Westbench Trail

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I know the Westbench is not the highlight for most playing in the deep pow back in the bowls but I am planning a trip in 2 weeks with the kids. Any updates on the trail condition/grooming/uneven surface/etc would be much appreciated.

trlrprk

Reaction score
tried doing it on nov 29 but not enough snow down low yet real rocky had to turn around after 2km ...i left from quartz parking lot

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I know the Westbench is not the highlight for most playing in the deep pow back in the bowls but I am planning a trip in 2 weeks with the kids. Any updates on the trail condition/grooming/uneven surface/etc would be much appreciated.

after this weeks cold snap and 1 more snow, good to go. haven't tried it yet but guys are up blueberry these days.

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information guys. I was hoping to see one more good dump happen this week but the weather is not cooperating as much as I would like. If anyone sees a change in conditions please let me know.

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any chance a groomer has been able to make a pass with the recent snowfall? or has it at least filled in enough to travel the trail without hitting the gravel holes? hoping to make a return trip over the Christmas break.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also was wondering want to stop in golden for 2 days over Christmas break with my family

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they groom Quartz Thursday or Friday night. Hopefully we will hear from someone that they got down the Westbench at least part ways.

Reklaw

Reaction score
Was on it today. Started from Gorman. It's only "groomed" till the lake/pond with the BBQ/fire pit. But it's still super bumpy. From there in we broke trails. But only just. Needs ALOT more snow to cover stumps, rocks and creeks. No way the groomer would get all the way. Not worth the $25 a sled right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom