well i gess its true about STM motor mounts!

prairieguy

Reaction score
Last year I put the solid motor mounts on my 09 m1000 to helpwith belt issues and this year I couldn’t handle the vibration and the thoughtof cracking my bulk head and decided to pull the mounts off and put new factorymounts back on and add a bottom PTO mount and bump stop. After pulling the oldmotor mount plate off I found a nice surprise on my bulk head. I’ve heard aboutthis issue but thought it can’t happen to me but I’m another sledder that has acracked bulk head from adding the solid motor mounts!!! The best part is we areplanning to leave on a new year’s sledding trip in 5 days. Not easy finding awelder that can weld aluminum in this part of my country overCHRISTMAS!!!! FML some days!!!!! Thanks alot STM!!!!
Next question if I can find a welder do I need to pull my engineso he can weld on the bulkhead or will I be okay welding the cracked weld and bulkheadwith my engine still in the sled? I won’t fry any electrical stuff?

Thanks
Joe
Hope everyone else is having a better Christmas!

Attachments

• bulk head 1.jpg
    bulk head 1.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 240
  • cracked bulk head.jpg
    cracked bulk head.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 230

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine will be fine in sled, but remove CCU and ECM before welding

aamcustoms

Reaction score
im in battleford, do it for you anytime you want, leave engine in, bring it to me for 20 minits, we will negotiate a fair price. im the only guy around, 24hr a day, and you wont find nicer welds.. 15 yrs aluminum experience... let me know.....aaron

Top Bottom