Weir Boondocking has a new Facebook page

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We thought we should give everyone a way to see the fun we are having teaching our riding clinics. All of our clinics have been a pleasure to teach, and its been rewarding to see everyone building skills throughout the classes. So we set up a Facebook page and I will try to update it with regular photos, and updates. A big thanks to everyone that has been out.

www.facebook.com/WeirBoondocking

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never been one to stop and take pictures so this is going to be a new skill I'm going to have to learn. Any advice

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That might work but I cant pry her off the sled once we get going. The clinics she comes on she is taking more photos, plus in my goggle warmer I have put a waterproof point and shoot just so its easy to get at.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats why where are no pictures of me, i will look through the camera from the weekends ride, there must be a pic or two of you, Might even be a stuck one, All the rest are me stuck ha, Thanks for the like to the facebook
giddyup

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Andy,

If it will drum up some traffic to your page, I'm willing to donate a nice shaped black 08 Summit 800R 163 for you to raffle off? Only damage I recall is one side panel with some duct tape holding it together. It's sitting in my garage taking up space and I don't have much use for it..yours free of charge if you want it.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely not. We believe that there are people that have spent years teaching that aspect of the backcountry and do an amazing job at it. We have more advanced rides that you ABSOLUTELY have to have these skills before hand. We also have clinics that a first timer with little to no skill could come along and we do stress that AST1 be on their list of things to obtain ASAP.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same as we all should do if it was any other ride. We always do a beacon check before we ride, and I do carry a spare beacon in case one is defective....
Some classes know their stuff, others ask do you do this every time you go. Our focus is in Rider Development but safety has to come first. We are mindfull not to do training that one SHOULD be getting from their AST1, but do touch on safe practices , such as being sure you are stopping in a safe location, one at a time on a hill.... the basics. Stuff that you need as habits.

In short we do not teach a Avalanche Safety course, We teach Rider Development. We leave the avalanche safety training to the people that are best at it.

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Andy. I was watching some video from the weekend, I realized. My riding would improve faster if there weren't so many trees in my way. Ha. Thanks again for the great ride, funny to look back. And see how much my riding ability has changed. In just a few rides, I'm defiantly riding slower and in way more control, but going places I never would have been able to before

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its has to be the trees that are making you improve... why else would you spend so much time knocking all the snow off them. But honestly you are looking very confident on your sled now, and picking lines that work for you. A few more days in the trees and then we can start plugging our way through the rock cuts and such.... LOL
I look forward to our next ride hope its soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom