Water tank and pump

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're supposed to get a water draw license if you are going to pull water from Creeks, Streams, Lakes. The Gov always wants their permit tax money.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

The exception to this being if you own or occupy the land adjacent to the creek/waterbody then you are allowed to pull water out for "household use" which i'm sure washing a quad could apply to.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still need the paperwork

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still need the paperwork

Nope

21(1) Subject to subsection (3) and section 23 and any exemptions
specified in the regulations, a person who owns or occupies land
that adjoins a river, stream, lake, natural watercourse or other
natural water body
(a) has the right to commence and continue the diversion of the
water that adjoins that land for household purposes, whether
or not that water is reserved under section 35, and
(b) may not obtain a licence for the diversion of water that
adjoins that land for household purposes.

(4) A person who diverts water under subsection (1) or (2) may,
without an approval, licence or registration, pump or otherwise
convey water to the point of use for household purposes.

Quoted from page 27
Alberta Queen's Printer:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Nope

21(1) Subject to subsection (3) and section 23 and any exemptions
specified in the regulations, a person who owns or occupies land
that adjoins a river, stream, lake, natural watercourse or other
natural water body
(a) has the right to commence and continue the diversion of the
water that adjoins that land for household purposes, whether
or not that water is reserved under section 35, and
(b) may not obtain a licence for the diversion of water that
adjoins that land for household purposes.

(4) A person who diverts water under subsection (1) or (2) may,
without an approval, licence or registration, pump or otherwise
convey water to the point of use for household purposes.

Quoted from page 27
Alberta Queen's Printer:

What at do all those subsections read?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Regardless.... I think it's a great idea, but I, personally would stay WELL away from any natural water. For suction or for runoff.

And as for the pump.... Some pumps are capable of like 300gpm, so that 100g tank isn't gonna last very long.

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so we can't draw out of a creek. Lets move on. Has anyone picked up one of these pumps from peavy mart? Or a good place to get a cheap tank? Anymore options?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok so we can't draw out of a creek. Lets move on. Has anyone picked up one of these pumps from peavy mart? Or a good place to get a cheap tank? Anymore options?
It's not for drinking water why not try to get a rain barrel type barrel or check kijiji for a used tank. Should be something out there.

As for the pump, are you looking at a "trash pump"?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On second thought id run pressure washer, uses less water, actually gets it clean, plus now you have a pressure washer for around the house, and then like a 50 gallon tank to run it off of, of course it plumb in a good filter between the tank and pressure washer.

I have used old dry cleaning plastic drums, you can get them for like $50 and then lay them on their side, and some even have like a 3/4" NPT hole threaded into one of the bungs that you can tap into. They have 2 bungs so you use the top as a fill and then the bottom to run the pump or whatever, so for less than $500 you can have a fully functional pressure washer to bring with you!

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use a 1" Honda water pump with a suction screen and 2- garden hoses suck out of a little 2 ft wide creek
Works well gets the big mud off
the Honda pumps aren't cheap but ya get what you pay for

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a gas powered pressure washer I can use, once I replace some parts on it(princess auto ****). I have an electric one I use at home now I could use also. Not sure how much power it will draw. Have the inverter built into my truck that might have enough juice. I'd have to check into it. Rain barrel might work too. I have one now that I think about it, but I think the top is cut off.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Not sure how large of a tank you're lookin for, but you can probably get a caged tote for 100 bucks or so. 275G. I have 4 of them for hauling potable water for my acreage, and that's what I paid. Most water tanks from UFA or the likes are usually about a dollar a gallon.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a gas powered pressure washer I can use, once I replace some parts on it(princess auto ****). I have an electric one I use at home now I could use also. Not sure how much power it will draw. Have the inverter built into my truck that might have enough juice. I'd have to check into it. Rain barrel might work too. I have one now that I think about it, but I think the top is cut off.

I'd use the gas pressure washer, that electric one would probably require an inverter capable of 2000watts continuous or more, which means you are likely drawing 150 amps or more off your truck battery, its unlikely your alternator would keep up with that.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we use a 1 inch
p

a gas pump, no lack of water , pressure or flow. 20 ft of suction hose in creek, with 50 ft of discharge hose. al from PA for under $200. have been cecked by SRD twice, no problem, once by rcmp.

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we use a 1 inch
p

a gas pump, no lack of water , pressure or flow. 20 ft of suction hose in creek, with 50 ft of discharge hose. al from PA for under $200. have been cecked by SRD twice, no problem, once by rcmp.

we have this same set up with only about 20' of discharge but using a nice little subaru 1" fire fighting pump i bought a few yrs back from rainy creek for a quite reasonable price and have had ZERO issues with starts in 3-4 pulls even first thing in the spring fresh out of storage
if you are looking for a tank UFA or peavey mart but I wouldnt plan on running a 1-2" pump from that she would be empty quick ie even a slip tank pump puts out 13-20 gpm and what your looking for would be more so that tank would be dry quick

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rv water pump is only 3 gpm. Too bad you weren't closer I'd show you how good it works. :)

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I picked up a tank at UFA. 60 gallon. Run a submersible pump from Rona that uses s garden hose to gas pressure washer.

2 nd way I have is a Peavy Mart 11/2 inch gas pump and 50 feet of hose. Pump from creek to wash but no water can run back in creek.

Top Bottom