Wabamun dock

Jake

Reaction score
I'm reading about guys that leave their boats at the Wabamun dock, looking for bit more info. Do you have to pay or do you just find a spot and tie 'er up? Picked up a boat late last summer so some of this stuff's new to me.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Chrizt.....Our little secret is getting out.

You can leave your boat there it is first come first serve, during the week getting a berth is no problem, no fees as our taxes fund the park...If you want to go out on a saturday/sunday AM and have dinner plans you can expect to have to float around for an hour waiting for a spot or beach it and come back later to park.
Once the park is open (may long) the area is regularly patroled by parks canada...Brother and I left our boats in all summer last year with 0 problems.
Brother did however have his stolen this past weekend, His boat is pretty mine is not so I don't worry much because mine would be the last one fawked with.
If I had a $10000 + ski boat would I leave it there......no, my little POS no problem.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
and lets also be clear that the dock we are talking about is the one in the provincial park, not the one in the town, its a very nice floating dock set up but as said above my boat was stolen from there, patrol or no patrol at 3am if they want to get it they will. wont see my boat leaving there over night anymore

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only thing that bothers me about people leaving their boats in the water is when I need a spot to either go up and get the truck, or drop someone off and all the dock space is occupied.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
the only thing that bothers me about people leaving their boats in the water is when I need a spot to either go up and get the truck, or drop someone off and all the dock space is occupied.

I try to be courtious about it...My boat is left in because I'm on it all the time....The only times you have to wait for a spot on the wabamun dock is on a nice saturday or sunday afternoon. My boat is normally out with me at those times....If I know it will not be used for a week or 2 I will pull it or take it up to my buddies cabil @ seba..but usually I'm out on the water 3 or 4 times a week and durring the week there is never a shortage of space (that I've observed)

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that alright i know which boat is yours, that's not what bugs me. its the people who pull in and just sit on the boat. like its cool to put your boat in the water and sit at the dock. youll just come down and i'll have all your beer gone!! just joking. i wish they would increase the docks or utilize the pier for over nighters!!

apparently they will be expanding the marina on the town of wab and making a sandy beach with a water park on the other side of the launch from the marina in town, so ive heard.

look forward to seeing you out there!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
that alright i know which boat is yours, that's not what bugs me. its the people who pull in and just sit on the boat. like its cool to put your boat in the water and sit at the dock. youll just come down and i'll have all your beer gone!! just joking. i wish they would increase the docks or utilize the pier for over nighters!!

apparently they will be expanding the marina on the town of wab and making a sandy beach with a water park on the other side of the launch from the marina in town, so ive heard.

look forward to seeing you out there!!

Sandy beach be nice to LOOK at, won't catch me swimming from shore anywhere on the lake let alone in town....I shut her down in the deeps and float, thats my beach...we'll see you out there:beer:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
hopefully i will be back out in the next week, i will know if the motor took any damage by tomorrow, if not she shouldnt be a write off........here's hoping.

her last night ever left at the dock........

Attachments

• SSPX0034.jpg
    SSPX0034.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom