Videos from the VARDA Mountain Host Team

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over the remainder of the year, we will try to upload one video a week regarding the Valemount area's snow conditions and general good riding practices.

Lets us know what you think and for automatic updates, "like" the Valemount Area Recreation Development Association on Facebook.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure am no actor, but heres a little video the mountain host team put together yesterday. Our main concern was the early jan surface hoar layer and the new storm snow. This interface was mostly noticed in the 13-1400m range and to a lesse...r extent in the upper alpine.

Lots of new rapid loading and cooling out there recently, keep you guard up and be observant. Dont let the sun influence your good decision making habits.

Chappell Creek, Valemount BC - YouTube

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks, here is a follow up video from our Jan 11th video in Chappell Creek. This one is from Jan 13th and takes place a bit north from Chappell in the Clemina Creek Area. Still bumbling over vocabulary and content, although the message gets accross.

The message we hope to get out is how quickly we travel on snowmobiles and access a completely different snowpacks in a matter of minutes. Be observant and take some time to gather a bit of information on your way. It takes but a few seconds and can really help you decision making throughout your day.

Valemount, BC - YouTube

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think this was a great idea Curtis helps everyone see what we see every week! Your getting better i from of the camera too lol!

brandon1979

Reaction score
Hi Curtis Im looking for a guide to take me out on february 16th, some one had sent me in your direction. Do you have any info or know of anyone that would be available for a day of snowmobiling.
Thank You
Brandon Gourlay

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up clemina on saturday, first time in probable 2 years.

Just wanted to say great job on the signage of the area. Really impressed, you use to have to guess where to launch into the trees to hit morning glory.

Cheers,

C

Top Bottom